Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Washington about to lose at home to Montana.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Might just have to be a Bucs fan this season. This is hilarious.

3. Johnny Utah

Fun fact, since 2000 all three SEC teams that have opened their seasons in Pasadena against UCLA have lost, and their head coaches have been fired at the end of those respective seasons. Don’t know if that’s a bad omen for Coach O not.

IP likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

interesting fact

5. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Has to be the most embarrassing loss by an SEC program in the modern era.

6. Johnny Utah

I mean it would have to be a disastrous season for Orgeron to lose his job, but Dubose, Fulmer, and Sumlin all had disastrous seasons that led to their firings. And all of those seasons started with a loss in Pasadena.

7. Johnny Utah

Holy shit. Awful effort by the LSU defense.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

interesting

9. Johnny Utah

Florida losing in Gainesville to a 4 loss Georgia Southern team in 2013 has to be in the discussion. I’d say the talent disparity between UF and GA Southern was bigger than what it was tonight between Vandy and ETSU.

justingroves likes this.
  10. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

If y’all haven’t seen it check out the Todd McShay video. Whatever he has going on I hope he gets through it.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's my guy

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think he is coaching his last season and it might get ugly.

13. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I do too. The stretch of AU, UK, UF, Ole Miss, Bama will do it.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Tell you what Ga does. They stunt and send a blitzer or 2 about every play. Yes they can get there with their front 4 but hopefully our OL at least tries to block. That was some absolutely horrible OL play. No wonder the qb looked scared to death.
    Nothing overly fancy. They send players from every angle and mix it up. Safeties creep up early waiting to sit on routes. They want to disrupt and make you get rid of the ball. Their dbs gamble and get tight because they don't believe the qb will have time to go very deep. And Clemson barely tried.
    --Got to run the ball and get by one of those gambling lbs with turf behind them
    --qb will need 10+ carries for good yardage. 4 a quarter would be good with me
    --quick angle routes to the rb right or left would beat it. Slot sitting down quick or coming across is there. So is a big TE to get it to quickly if even for 3 or 4 yards. Better than taking a 9th sack.
    --throw it deep wherever our matchup is on the safety that just crept up. Screens are wide open when they send 6.
    The only thing I slightly respect about ga is how they play defense to dictate what other teams do. They force you to get rid of the ball, and after about 1-2 seconds of the snap, if the db is near you he is getting his hands on you and forcing the ref to call holding every play and the ref won't. It's as if Kirby sacrifices a penalty or 2 but knows they will get away with it the rest of the game. Always wished we would try playing that way, but of course our game would end with about 15 defensive holding penalties, a new sec record.
    [uck fay]ing Kesling

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Pretty easy to be aggressive when you can completely stop the run from a 2 high shell using 6 defenders against 10 personal.

Clemson should have used the QB run game more last night to get a numbers advantage in the box and to force the bulldogs to bring a safety down.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Appears that bad things happen to schools that fire Bo Pelini

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Orgeron's shelf life was always short at LSU, which is a shame. He belongs there. But he will get Chizik'd before the year is out, most likely.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Clemson curled up and took their ass kicking. It looked like everyone wanted to go home after the 2nd quarter

zehr27 likes this.