Watching Film: The new Tennessee Offense under Josh Heupel

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Aug 12, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You can’t do the second without the first

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I would argue it goes back to 2013 with the QB shenanigans. We only got it right for 2 years of the Butch era.

Lexvol likes this.
  3. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I’m going to rewatch the game. I think Milton’s issue on initial impression is that he has no touch on the passes. It’s either a Rick Vaughn fastball or run.

10SEvols likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep. 5 yards or 50 yards, THROW IT HARD ON A ROPE.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Him standing upright like a sarcastic reaction to a coach who told him to "stand tall in the pocket" was so annoying, anything after sucked worse. He had some nice throws. Came out in rhythm and on target.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And that took Worley dying and Peterman breaking thumbs

Lexvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. NorrisAlan

He was [uck fay]ing hard for red shirting Dobbs, no matter which year it was.

8. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

He wasn’t my first choice. Just better than Gump.

9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I wonder if those that were high on Jeremy Pruitt have the same smart ass stalkers. I seem to recall predicting 5-7 year one.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Being high on whoever the current head coach is can be expected, from Vol addicts desperate to hope for sunshine. The Bo Pelini reference was just memorably unexpected. I think it is funny, I think it is funny that people bust your balls for it, but ultimately it is a more defensible take than hiring [ddiapos], Butch Jones, OR Jeremy Pruitt at the times they were hired vs when you threw it out there.

Just something to bust balls over. Not really a big deal. You're still a better decision maker than our recent AD's.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Hope I'm completely wrong, but Milton was wholly unimpressive against last year's 128th ranked team, I think it was.

He looked like Ebby Calvin LaLoosh at the beginning of Bull Durham, a rocket for an arm, but absolutely no finesse or accuracy. It's like he wanted to announce his presence with authority on every throw.

Also, for a guy that looks like Tarzan, he surely did run like Jane when he scrambled or ran a qb draw. Dude should be truckin' DBs & the smaller OLBs.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

What I'm hearing is get that man some panties or a garter or whatever women's undies the Tim Robbins character wore.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You might be onto something here.

Maybe even throw in some Walt Whitman, William Blake & poetry readings in lieu of sex...

warhammer likes this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think Milton is Heupel's first real test. I don't think Milton has the "it" factor to be the guy leading the offense. So, the question becomes does Heupel pull a Gomer and stick with his guy through thick and thin?

15. NorrisAlan

I don't think he will, but then again, there is Stupid Proteins in the water on the Hill. If he does like the Gump did, he will be short lived here.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think he'll tolerate bad qb play long

17. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Milton is really talented….the pre snap and field vision issues are real. I think the quickness of the “hook” depends on how well the D plays on Saturday.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

if he just takes the underneath stuff when it is there early in the chains, he'd improve greatly and would have more deep things open up.

Memtownvol and Lexvol like this.
  19. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I think some of that is pre snap recognition for sure.

20. NorrisAlan

And don't throw a 100mph fastball to your running back who is just 10 yards away.

Memtownvol and JayVols like this.