COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Same thing happened to me actually, just later in the year

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

My parents are just in their late 50's.

My Dad had the sniffles but my mom was pretty sick for three days.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Both times I got the shot were early October, I got the flu right around final exams, so first week of December-ish the first time and then right around Thanksgiving the 2nd.

I remember having [uck fay]ing chills and sweating and the ass hole teacher telling me I was almost through for the year the first time.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I've only had the flu once in middle school.

That's the sickest I've ever been. I thought I was dying.

Covid was more the crud to me with a low grade fever

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

teachers like that contribute to our toxic public health culture.

JayVols likes this.
  6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

My sister wasn’t vaccinated. She seems to be fairly over COVID now. It was about 3 weeks of a battle for her though, including bilateral pneumonia. She avoided the hospital though.

Daddy Gee, IP, Ssmiff and 2 others like this.
  7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

One of my cousins died from it. He was in his mid 20's.

This was before the vaccine was an option.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Happy she's on the other side of the bad. I pray she doesn't develop any long haul complications.

9. JayVols

That's so sad. Sorry for your loss.

Fortunately, I've experienced no family loss so far. Had a cousin who was in ICU on the vent for over a month, but he defied the odds. I have had about a dozen high school classmates who have died.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

healthy otherwise?

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Thanks man, and it was hard on the family.

He had a lot of health issues due to his weight, and that's the worst thing for this virus.

12. JayVols

2 moms of newborns have died locally just this week. Both were in their 20s.

13. JayVols

Yeah. I'm working on my weight now. The "freshman 15" has nothing on the "quarantine 25". 15lbs down- confirmed, but probably around 20+ lbs now as I only weigh once/month. 53 (48 probably) more lbs to go.

Off topic, but I was walking (read limping) across my man cave day before yesterday. Had both hand full & a can of Grizzly Long Cut straight in my pocket. My Cariloha lounging shorts dropped immediately to my ankles. Was hilarious, yet encouraging. Luckily I didn't lose my balance, fall & break my pancrease.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Ah, ok, that makes more sense. I thought you meant the two weeks later as literal, not figurative as October to December is months apart.

The flu shot doesn't always get the right strain, but it does so often enough to make it worth while.

The good news is is that you aren't around college kids all day anymore, so your risk of getting some random mutated strain should be much lower.

SetVol13 and JayVols like this.
  15. Ssmiff

never had the flu shot and may have had the flu twice in my life. Slept in blankets for about 3 days then woke up ringing wet from sweat and was done with it.

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And you look forward to this occurring again, and that's why you skip the shot?

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That was my thinking, hell I'll probably need this and it bit me on the ass both times.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

that's great man, and you need to look into black buffalo if you want a "safer" alternative for dipping.

I love the stuff

19. JayVols

1 thing at a time, but I'll check it out. I've tried other stuff. It's very expensive & not good at all. I could go outside & dip grass from my yard with the same flavor for free.

Doe Black Buffalo come in straight flavor?

20. Ssmiff

sick for about 6 days in 45+ years. I'll take it.