Pitt Pregame Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 5, 2021.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Pitt front 7 is supposed to be good.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I have no feelings towards this game. Numb. Cannot accept we will likely lose to Pitt.

IP likes this.
  3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Kind of wish I were going to this, but vacation beckons.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Only problem with noon kick offs is that a bad outing ruins the rest of the day of football for me.

So we better show up, at least.

TDVol1989 and A-Smith like this.
  5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I've seen us the last decade plus.

I believe we can lose to anyone

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Honestly, my expectations are for Pitt to stack the box and make Milton beat them through the air. Pitt's QB is seasoned so I expect them to move the ball...not at will, but they'll definitely move it. If our passing isn't improved we'll lose by 14+. IMHO, JMO, GBO!

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Believing and accepting are two different things.

IP likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm going. And if an average Pitt team can beat Clemson they can beat us. Looking forward to seeing how we look in person

9. Ssmiff

question is, is this the weekend I sport my 1976 Pitt Panthers Tony Dorsett jersey around town.

10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I want to see what the offense does in terms of play calling. Do we keep trying the same thing over and over it it isn't working and on the flip side, if it's working, do they get move away from it? I just the offense to move the damn chains and not go three and out all the time.

11. Ssmiff

i get the feeling JH will go with the hot play or matchup until teams stop it a couple times. We didn't see any dumps to the rbs or rbs catching in the flat. No screens to rb or wr.
    I also get the feeling if Milton looks the same again and we lose, we will be 1 or 2 games from a qb change, not 3 freaking years.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I know it goes without saying but Milton has to stretch the field and connect a few times to prevent Pitt from loading the box. If the offense is one dimensional it doesn't much matter what we do. Pitt isn't all-world but they aren't BG either.

13. Ssmiff

RT i may have asked you this before but many years ago did you happen to meet some VN guys in downtown nashville for drinks before a Preds game? Seems like a similar name. 3* from VN was one of us. btw he died a few months back for anyone who remembers him. He was a pretty funny guy online and in person. Died very young due to liver failure.

14. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Basilio blog out today saying both Young and Evans out.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yep. If Milton hits the WRs which are bound to be running open, we could give them problems, but they’ll bottle up the run and get in his face some and dare him to beat them. And he might not.

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Yes, you have asked me before but no it wasn't me. I'm sorry to hear that though!

17. Ssmiff

I couldn't recall if I asked you before or thought about it.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Young is supposedly eligible after this game, though

tfannon and IP like this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

After Milton's terrible 2nd quarter, Tennessee came out on their first possession and ran it 8 consecutive times in a drive that ended in a touchdown

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

BGU didn't want to stop it, so they kept calling it.