Pitt Pregame Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 5, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

So what is the explanation for holding him out 2 games? Because he played 2 games for some prep school 5 years ago? The [uck fay]? These are people's lives, if they are legitimate students working towards a degree in a timely fashion, there should be no interference. The NCAA is straight up dumb, in that it holds athletes to a different standard than academics. It undermines the idea of amateurism.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yep

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He played two games at some prep school that by rule counts towards his eligibility.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Even more outrageous is when you couple this with Will Wade still making millions a year at LSU

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Any objective person or committee would look at the situation with him now in 2021 and waive that nonsense. Two games? A championship NCAA team plays 3 more games a season than a losing record team. A SEASON. This is a joke.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's also remember that a player can play in FOUR GAMES and still redshirt right now.

7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

True. I just hope it continues. Tennessee coaches seem to have a tendency to take stupid pills though.

8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

The NCAA is the joke. They're inconsistent and quite frankly need to be removed from the "big time" college sports arena. Let them handle the second and third tier sports like water polo.

9. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I don’t really understand it. Are they saying his eligibility would’ve run out by now if they had technically started his 5 year clock so instead of saying he’s out of eligibility he just has to be punished 2 games?

I assume that has to be it. Since he has multiple years of eligibility left I see no reason why it should affect this season.

IP likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just when you think things can't be more ridiculous

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I just got free tickets...only 4. I'm taking all my children to the game without momma.

One good thing is they're undefeated going to games

VolDad, Memtownvol, A-Smith and 2 others like this.
  12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Let's hope the trend continues...

13. KyleAlexanderfan

Can we go back in time and just hire Chadwell. Would feel much better about the future.

A-Smith, TDVol1989 and chavisut like this.
  14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Relax. Kansas is trash

15. KyleAlexanderfan

Maybe Healy will be ready by the time we are looking again.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Idk how Chadwell would do but it would at least feel like a project. This guy definitely feels like a bridge

A-Smith likes this.
  17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I’ll probably always remember that sick feeling when they announced Heupel. Similar to how I felt with Butch and Pruitt (to an extent). When they hired Dooley I was still dumb enough to think that almost anyone could win at Tennessee.

A Chadwell hire wouldn’t have done that.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Guy's the most accomplished coach since Kiffin that didn't ride Brian Kelly's coattails everywhere.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chadwell is in a really good place for his style of offense

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t disagree. I just can’t bring myself to expect much.