Pitt reactions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 11, 2021.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

After seeing what Mizzou looked like last week and after watching the early part of the game tonight against UK, that’s certainly a winnable game for UT. Missouri looks bad.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think a lot of us agree with you but are more interested in focusing on the trajectory of the program, rather than discussing specific details that negatively affected the outcome of this single game.

Shitty refs gonna shitty ref sometimes.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I liked a lot of the play calling on offense. Strongly disliked a few calls, but that’s to be expected.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Agree conpletely. But he was and do you want to burn it?

Better question is why didn't it get buzzed?

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah a spotter or somebody has to tell JH it looks like a 1st down. Was there an angle from the other sideline?

TDVol1989 likes this.
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What does 1 TO really do for you anyway at that point of the game. It was a moronic move.

utvol0427, chavisut and OneForVol like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

they reviewed that touchdown and still got it wrong anyway. no guarantee a review matters when you have chuckle [uck fay] refs

lylsmorr likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

they called nearly identical slamming tackles two different ways.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Because the first one wasn't a [uck fay]ing penalty

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

They had no clear angle but I’m pretty sure they could’ve pieces together based on the position of his foot and the relative position of the ball. These refs weren’t doing that.

11. Tar Volon

I don’t think the second one was actually slammed. Initial tackler lifted him up and then was caught up in a crowd of other defenders who were all pushing. He ended up propelled to the ground but I don’t think there’s a player on the defense who did any slamming to the ground.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

A timeout can make all the difference later. UT was 1 down away from finding it useful.

13. Tar Volon

I honestly do not remember the last time I’ve liked the playcalling as much as I have these last two weeks. Bajakian’s random brilliance against Georgia before sliding back into stupidity?

We haven’t had an offense that looks designed in a long time. But we have actual strategy and intelligent plays and some ability to match them to situation and everything.

No idea why they kept rolling Hooker left, but for me it’s still overwhelmed in the shock of seeing an actual plan.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

No they weren't. It was a dumb use of a TO

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want to see Calloway and Wright get the ball quick in space more.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They should but I doubt that they would. The only time I've ever seen that by a replay crew was Vandy in 2013.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We got much better with Calloway on the field over Hyatt. I like him a lot.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The best we can do at this points is just enjoy former Saban assistants tasting humility.

(meant to put this in the college football thread)

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Texas may change its mind on joining the SEC after tonight

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They’re only in it for the money.

NorrisAlan likes this.