Pitt reactions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 11, 2021.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Ridiculous.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Tennessee had won by 75, I would still be cussing the officiating

hohenfelsvol, Lexvol and warhammer like this.
  3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We had three turnovers, two trips inside the five that didn’t result in touchdowns, ~100 yards in offensive penalties, and didn’t hit a single deep ball and we put up 5.7 YPP and 34 points. This offense has a high ceiling I’m thinking.

VOLinDAWGland and Memtownvol like this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Srsly we could easily have scored 55-60 by making 4 plays right there to in front of us to make.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Worst officiating I’ve seen since Bama 19, every break went against us, we’re razor thin everywhere, and we were still in a position to win. I’m going to have fun watching, and hope we find a QB soon.

6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Yesterday seemed like gross incompetence. Bama 2019 was the league office deciding they didn’t want an upset. I’ll never be convinced otherwise.

VOLinDAWGland, Poppa T and Lexvol like this.
  7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Honestly, I don't Heupel is done with Milton (unless he's injured and can't play) So I considered, what if Huepel can do for Milton what Kiffin did for Crompton? Not saying it's going to happen but shit, I thought Crompton was a lost cause. Just something to think about I guess.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Crompton wasn't scared of contact, Milton is. That's the biggest difference between the two.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He really doesn't like getting hit, Crompton would try to run over linebackers

A-Smith, utvol0427 and Lexvol like this.
  10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

True. But strictly speaking about his throwing and completion %, do think Milton is fixable to the level that Kiffin got Crompton?

11. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Mountain damn values!

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I would rather have Hooker. He's not good, but he has enough arm to stretch the field. His issues are more coachable than Milton's.

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Another thing. Jaylen Wright isn't ready to be a RB in this league. Is Beckwith hurt, too?

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I think you are correct but I don't believe that that should keep him from getting 3-5 carries a game with everyone healthy. When his eyes and instincts develop through experience, he's got potential to be an awfully nice weapon in this offense. He looks raw now but I don't think we've had an athlete with his skill set since the track program was destroyed.

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Quarterbacks should have decent mental and physical instincts. Milton doesn't have them and they simply cannot be taught. While they can be learned through experience, my best estimate is that it would still take a couple of seasons before he began displaying what you and I would consider good QB play.

I don't believe that this staff is going to go that route. In fact, I think that there is a good chance that we see Milton regulated to special packages for the remainder of the season similar to what Heupel did with Blake Bell at Oklahoma after he was demoted behind Landry Jones.

16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I agree. Most definitely most hope I've had in a while.

With ACC refs calling, I expected it to be slanted. But, yeah it was just bad.

A little disappointed the coaches did not appear to raise hell, etc. But, can't really tell, maybe they did.

17. Tar Volon

I honestly don’t know what we’re going to do going forward at QB. Milton has better physical tools and seems to have a better command of the offense. Hooker is a better runner and more accurate passer. From literally every report we’ve ever had, the accuracy comparison in the game is not how it’s gone in practice, so this is a new data point for the coaches. But do they think they have a better shot of making Milton accurate or of teaching Hooker to run the offense at the desired speed? Beats me.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

running the offense super fast and missing open receivers makes no sense

19. Tar Volon

Sure, but Milton has been pretty accurate on the shorter throws and he’s not taking delay of game penalties. It’s hard to deny that the offense looked better under Hooker yesterday, but if Milton is hitting the deep balls in practice and Hooker is taking 35 seconds to get the play in, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Milton in again. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the clear edge Hooker has on the ground wins him the starting job.

Also the injury may take the decision away in the short term, and Hooker may have a chance to win it or lose it without immediate competition.

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

3-5 max, he goes down way too easy