COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

you still think vaccines are for individuals you still make drunk driving, no helmet or seatbelts laws arguments andcavoud acknowledging that others ARE affected.

JayVols likes this.
  2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Your right to swing your fist ends and the end of my nose. This isn't hard people.

JayVols likes this.
  3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You keep stating this, and it keeps not being true.

Both COVID and polio are indiscriminate. Both polio and COVID have "more at risk" populations.

JayVols likes this.
  4. fl0at_

Both groups will exhibit the symptoms of their infectious disease, at the statistical rate of their infectious disease.

Polio is predominately a children's disease. So in your polio group, almost nobody would be impacted, having already had it. In which case, the COVID group will suffer worse outcome, in all categories, healthy and old.

You're trying to take this idea that things happen in a vacuum, and apply it to infectious diseases, and that isn't the case.

JayVols likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

polio manifests as a children's disease because adults had already been exposed and survived (or were not around anymore). if we reintroduced it, to an unvaccinated population, you'd see effects across ages. I say this because it is still passed around in Afghanistan and adults who are not vaccinated are at risk

6. fl0at_

Yup. If we wiped all prior immunity to polio and reintroduced it, globally, to the tune of 100s of millions infected, we'd find some form of more at risk groups.

We lack that information today as... we eradicated it in the 70s. And by then, it was just a children's disease.

JayVols likes this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not to the same degree as COVID. Not even close.

8. fl0at_

What are you basing this on? You have no knowledge, at all, of the risk factors of a infectious disease that was already confined to a subset of the population at its time of major study.

The millions and millions of cases that affected older people were well in the past, and not recorded.

You're over here acting like simply because it was limited to children by the mid 1900s, that it was always limited to children. And that is simply stupidity manifested. So, again, what are you basing this on?

JayVols likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hell, let's look at the numbers of cases and deaths from polio and compare that to what is happening with COVID. COVID has killed far, far more people per year so far than Polio was in the 20th century.

10. fl0at_

This was misreported and has been corrected.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

LEAD ANTI-VAX ADMIN HERE HAS FLIPPED! SHE ACTUALLY WENT AND TALKED TO HER *gasp* DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JayVols likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

She finally finished her extensive research. It takes time to scroll through all of the Facebook posts and Google results.

JayVols likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

is it because of the conspiracy that the vaccinated would all drop dead on Sept 11 or 12th, and then they didn't?

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I cannot fathom how people believe this kind of nuttery.

JayVols likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No, she came out and sounded very logical and sane about it. Said she finally decided to quit listening to the hysteria around it and went to talk to her doctor. She left early Friday, and I guess that's why.

I was kind of amazed.

JayVols, VolDad and fl0at_ like this.
  17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Got my Black Buffalo Straight today. Not bad. It's not Grizzly Long Cut Straight good, but it's definitely not horrible like every other thing I've tried.

I'd rather lick a cat's ass as to dip Smoky Mountain Chew... it has alfalfa in it.... alfalfa... in "dip". Just no.

zehr27, InVolNerable and Volst53 like this.
  18. JayVols

mRNA vaccines have been in development for decades, yes decades. The effort really accelerated in 2002 with the outbreak of SARS- Cov 1 mostly in eastern Asia. They were targeting the spike protein in SARS to prevent it from attaching to cells, the only way a coronavirus can replicate. Another big push came in 2012 with the outbreak of MERS (Middle Eastern Respiratory Virus) which had a higher mortality rate than SARS-Cov 1. They've known that the key is to target spike proteins in cornaviruses to prevent replication for a long time. The 1st successful mRNA vaccine came with SARS-Cov 2 (COVID-19). mRNA vaccines were not "developed in less than a year."

What was developed in less than a year was how to get mRNA vaccines to target the spike proteins associated with COVID-19 particularly not unlike the proven effective & safe flu vaccines. They develop flu vaccines every year that are tailored to target the flu strain they expect to be most prevalent based on data. The mRNA technology had already been tested & proven safe long before the pandemic. The "less than a year" narrative refers only to targeting the spike protein of COVID-19. During that tailored development period, the media and govt did a piss poor job with the narrative leading millions to falsely believe that these vaccines & the mRNA technology were rushed during development. If one considers roughly 30-40 years of development for mRNA technology as being rushed, then I don't know what to say to them.

The narrative that mRNA vaccine technology was rushed & therefore uts safety should be questioned is just flat out false/wrong. That notion has caused us pay a heavy price in lives lost. mRNA was safely injected into cells all the way back in the year 2000.

[​IMG]

19. JayVols

It is my understanding that antibody protection from an infection fades faster than the vaccines. I can't say that's fact, but again, that's my current understanding.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, our cells use mRNA every day to function. And receive junk mRNA all the time as well.

JayVols likes this.