POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

upload_2021-10-4_16-18-49.png

I feel like this math is a bit off.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

he apparently meant "as a caucus", but ya he should have invoked constituency totals.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He comes across like a 7 year old whining because he isn't getting his way.

If I'm understanding correctly, the infrastructure bill is bi-partisan, meaning it has enough votes on the right and the left to go through. But the progressive wing of the left won't go along with it unless they also get their $3.5T bill passed as well. But that one doesn't have nearly as much support. To be more specific, it has 0% support from the right, and not even 100% support on the left.

Sounds to me like the progressives need to nut up and prepare to compromise.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, imagine someone following AOC or another member of "the squad" into a bathroom and heckling them about legislation while they are using the bathroom. Wonder how many times the words "racist" and "white supremacist" would be used in the segments covering it?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

there is a 1.5 t bill and a 3.5 t bill. the smaller bill cuts out much of the stuff biden campaigned on. It isn't compromise if you don't get anything the other side doesn't agree with.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

and the reality is that the dems are a bigger party with people like Manchin who are not "left." the GOP has no moderates to worry about.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah. But part of the reason Manchin is and has to be Manchin is because if he went left, he'd lose his seat, possibly to a different moderate Democrat, but more likely to a Republican.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also got a good laugh at the name of the group who followed Sinema into the bathroom. If I read correctly, they're called "lucha," which can also mean "fight" in Spanish.

Made me think of the Trump January 6th speech. I wonder if Sinema felt "attacked" while she was sitting on the pot doing her business?

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You said much of what he campaigned on, not all?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Memphis being sued by Mississippi for stealing water is kinda little brotherish

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

[ABC News Jonathan Carl] ... as one Democratic lawmaker told ABC News, Quote, "Most of us are at a loss for words. There was no plan, no strategy, no timing."

Sound familiar?!? That seems to be the modus operandi for this administration. How about he bring a plan and a strategy for his initiatives.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

In what way? Maybe we use "little brother" differently, but as I''ve always understood it, it would be like someone feeling like they're the little brother.

Why Memphis would feel like a little brother because they got sued... for the life of me... I cannot put these two together.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

the other stuff is pretty much like "being an adult."

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

it is disturbing. his plan was that Republicans would "listen to their better angels," if you recall. Mitch McConnell shoots angels like doves, for sport. He is stuck in a previous era where the ultimate welfare of the country was more of a priority than winning control.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

As your favorite commentator, Ben Shapiro says, we’ve reached a point in our society where both sides are doing everything in their power to grab the government gun and shoot the other. And if you ask them why, they’ll say “because if I don’t, the other side will grab it and shoot me.”

It’s a never ending cycle of everyone taking L’s.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is pretty accurate.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

what is the gun the left is reaching for?

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Use your brain.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Same games. Republicans just run on steroids.

Democrats - Trump is an illigetimate President elected because of Russian Hackers. Trump pees on Russian Hookers. We are going to impeach him.

Republicans - Biden is an illegitimate President elected by Venezuelan voting machines and vast Democratic conspiracy. Democrats eat babies at a NY Pizza Parlor. Let's have an insurrection and topple the government.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

false equivalence. you had to add "on steroids"