Going Bowling

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by ptclaus98, Nov 20, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

All that talent was negated by running the no read read option

BigOrangeBeech and A-Smith like this.
  2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

A thread talking about Butch and bowl games reminds me of when he lost to Vanderbilt and cost me and the college buds, then just one year removed from graduation, a New Years on Bourbon Street at the Sugar Bowl.

CardinalVol, IP and justingroves like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Criminal

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sue him.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Kentucky is the most Big 10 like team in the SEC and we looked bad against them.

Tar Volon likes this.
  6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Kentucky has way better skill players than B10 teams, outside of Michigan and OSU

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m kinda glad we didn’t play Mississippi State, they would’ve chewed our linebackers and safeties up

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yeah, having a weak spine of the team against them would be brutal. I can just imagine all the bad angles from Beasley and blown coverages from McCullough

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That surprises me a little but I'll take your word for it

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota and Penn State are known for their skill positions

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I really should. We had a sick AirBnB lined up in the French Quarter and everything. So many good memories were lost.

As someone who grew up being deprived of going to the cool BCS bowls, it was a real kick in the gonads. The Citrus Bowl against UM after our Rose Bowl trip was canceled by LSU is the most “prestigious” Bowl I’ve had the pleasure of witnessing as a living fan. Was just *one* Sugar Bowl too much to ask?

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Every now and then my mind wonders and I think back to the Iowa returner throwing the ball forward at the two yard line down 28-0 to Butch’s squad in the WhateverTheEffTax.Com Gator Bowl in 2014ish. I always chuckle.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Kentucky has always been like a mid-level Big 10 to me. I very much doubt they're faster than Penn State. Or at least I would have prior to Lyle's post. I'm not interested enough to look into it though

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i was standing right over the tunnel when iowa ran onto the field in pregame and i thought, man, that's a lot of white dudes on a football team

A-Smith likes this.
  15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

To be fair, the trip to New Orleans would have probably been better not having to watch a Butch coached team get skull [uck fay]ed in the Sugar Bowl.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Doubt I woulda remembered much about the game regardless of the outcome. Butch already forfeiting the East earlier that month made the bowl inconsequential. Me and the college crew just really wanted to do NOLA on New Years as young 20 something recent grads who finally had some spending money to throw around. Instead, Butch gifted us a bum-piss Music City Bowl berth with a roster talented enough to make the Playoff

justingroves likes this.
  17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Both ESPN guys have Tennessee in the Music City.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Disappointing but will be a short trip

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Who do they have us playing?

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

One had Purdue the other Penn State. Also seen some predictions of the Music City against Minnesota.