Nashville, Brentwood, Chattanooga and Atlanta suck. Or do they? Discuss here.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by ptclaus98, Dec 5, 2021.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Nashville seems to think VERY highly of itself as an entertainment destination.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well, the dumbass out of staters keep paying, so prices keep rising

A-Smith, chavisut and Joseph Brant like this.
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I mean Broadway is a decent little setup if you are not from here and are with a crew you like and wanna get your booze on for a couple days.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I liked old dirty Nashville where you could drink at Lonnie's and see Ashley Monroe sing then head down 8th to Brown's and hang out with John Prine

CardinalVol and Joseph Brant like this.
  5. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I do not get the obsession with Nashville.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s ok, I guess. Don’t mind it for an event or something. Not looking to spend a weekend there just because.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I like living here. I find the constant hate on here kinda funny.

Indy likes this.
  8. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I mean as like a big vacation trip spot. I’m sure it’s as good a place to live as anywhere.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nashville is totally different than it was 20 years ago. And the number of quality tropical fish stores is really impressive and enviable. Don't have that in Northern Virginia, and I am not driving to Maryland.

10. Power_T16

Power_T16 Chieftain

New SG spot in East is really well done. Gonna miss the Porter Rd location though.

chavisut likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Its overcrowded, the tourists there are annoying as heck, and I hate the feel of the city now. There's still a few good spots, but as a whole I don't care for it.

A-Smith likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Living around Nashville is good. How it became a vacation hotspot is beyond me

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I want to get out of here so bad. Either the country or East TN. The overcrowding is the biggest reason, then the people causing the overcrowding.

Now a fair number of them are up in arms because a bunch of the businesses are short staffed.

Well hell, what did y’all expect? It’s not worth it to fight the traffic and crowds to go make 10 an hour working at some place that’s nowhere near your home that you had to move to because a bunch of jackoffs threw up tall and skinnies in all the older neighborhoods you used to live in and now the housing costs went insane

Joseph Brant likes this.
  14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think I just didn’t get far enough out. Then had the genius idea to just move to the Wilson/Davidson line and inch closer to the insanity

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I don’t do Broadway/Downtown so I avoid 98% of tourists.

justingroves and emainvol like this.
  16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah, my wife doesn’t understand why I never want to go to Preds games anymore. We had half season tickets for a while, but I couldn’t work up the desire to go deal with Downtown more than 4-5 times a season.

West End can [uck fay] itself proper too

chavisut and justingroves like this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I live 20 minutes north, on the edge of Goodlettsville/Hendersonville. I bought the property 6 years ago or else I wouldn't have been able to afford it.

chavisut likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You gotta go to the gulch, east nasty and other areas. Found recently a lot of cool hidden little bars where tourists arent.

justingroves likes this.
  19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

We were in Murfreesboro Saturday, and wife was like “don’t you miss Murfreesboro?”

Well hell no. And sitting in traffic at 930 on a Saturday morning surely doesn’t make me miss it more

tn_longrifles and A-Smith like this.
  20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Germantown is alright too depending on when you go. But my favorite restaurant is there so we get there every now and again and usually it’s pretty easy to get around, park, and not deal with douchers