MCB vs Purdue Pregame Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 5, 2021.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

A game at Neyland is a far better experience anyway. Even with the dj and third down song.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Fees on ticket sites make me miss the days of scalpers.

Memtownvol, chavisut and IP like this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'd a whole lot rather give those guys a profit than ticketmaster and friends

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hate scalping, but ya. You're right. At least the scalper is out there bringing the ticket to you.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Scalpers are Eagle scouts compared to the digital ticket broker thieves that have successfully monopolized the modern secondary ticket market.

CardinalVol and IP like this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I was going to get tickets for Garth at Ryman on vivid seats and was fine with the costs of tickets. It was the fees were going to be as if I bought a 3rd ticket. It's absurd.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It's a racket and we are powerless against it. I'd much rather do business with Sketchy McSketchSketch on the street corner as opposed to rewarding Big Tech for [uck fay]ing me and everyone else trying to buy a damn ticket at marketprice. The public venues, music event organizers, pro sports leagues, and the NCAA should do something, anything, to help limit what corporate ticket brokers can surcharge.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm a little upset that I have to use my smartphone as a ticket. Usually have to download another app depending on the vendor. Sometimes two apps. I prefer just having a ticket.

Plus, I am seriously considering going back to a dumb phone because I am somewhat prone to internet/gaming addictions. Am I just out of luck at that point?

9. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

As much as I might think I'd be happier with a flip phone, it would be a really massive pain in the ass now.

Tar Volon and A-Smith like this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Thread derailment time.

What are your favorite gaming addictions on your phone?

I'll hang up and listen.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Retro Bowl was fun for a while

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

8th Maxim Coaching Search. But it has been offline for almost a year.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Any of the block breaker games.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Rapid/bullet chess is the one I've wasted the most weeks (months?) on over the years. I use software that keeps me from getting on there on my laptop and computer but can't figure out how to stop myself on the iphone.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Word games.

NYT Spelling bee and mini crossword, words with friends, scrabble and Wordscapes now, but I used to play a lot more.

There was a good Yahtzee knockoff that I used to play too.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m not much of a phone gamer, but I enjoy logic puzzles, and 0h h1 is a pretty fun one (that’s a 0 and 1 surrounding the two h).

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If anybody is coming to town and wants some ideas of where to go instead of just walking around Broadway, holla

justingroves and IP like this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

personally, I'd do the following weather dependant.
    Rare Bird for a rooftop view and cocktail.
    LA Jackson rooftop.
    Ol Smokey for moonshine tasting, band, tvs, cornhole, game room, hoops, ping pong, beer and food trucks
    Snitch in Printers Alley for a cool cocktail.
    Barlines sports bar in omni and may have music as well.
    I suggest to people to walk perpendicular to Broadway and just walk in little spots that aren't packed like Broadway will be. Luigis pizza is one i found down there that looked like something out of old school nyc italian.
    Then if you still have energy late night, you can go honky tonking on broadway in any of those bars but I can't do those crowds anymore. Its a fun time and if you are single can be even more fun but by the time it gets going really good, i'm usually waking up to pee for the 2nd time.

justingroves likes this.
  19. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I felt this comment in my soul…

20. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Wombo Dream - it's an AI that creates art based off of keywords in a style that you pick. It can do some really cool things and it's a blast to get good results with it. Here are a few of my saved one's.......