22 Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by CardinalVol, Jan 31, 2021.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't think it was ever AU smoke. He said in that same post he was still confident.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  2. Power_T16

Power_T16 Chieftain

"Auburn is really making things hard for Tennessee. Not only with the JUCO DBs but also with Justin Williams. I’m well aware this post will cause a meltdown but I also don’t want to turn a blind eye toward it either. Tennessee is still very much in the thick of it but Auburn has given the kid pause after talking to a few people last night and early today. This one is going to go all the way until tomorrow mornin".

Specifically talking about this. His most recent video update was definitely more positive.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He's also trying to drum up controversy so people pay for his subscription for information.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If we are losing out on players on defense that don't want to play a lot of plays but are more focused on NIL cash, so be it.
    If we move too fast on O or players don't want to do the conditioning required, so be it.
    I'm riding with Heup and the kids who want to play ball and throw up some stats. Like Banks and Theo this year on NFL radar due to having the opportunity to play more and making more plays.
    Is it harder to find those kids now? Especially with the portal destroying recruiting for many hs kids?

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This is pretty much where I’m at. If we win 10 games next year and the recruiting STILL doesn’t pick up, I’ll be more inclined to worry but for right now, I’m more concerned about getting better offensively. Having Hooker back is a huge step in the right direction but getting some help at RB and some depth on the line will be a big plus. Like I’ve said in other posts, we can work on the defense next cycle, provided we’re winning those 63-49 shootouts…

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I also think recruiting is built over time. He’s late to the game with this years kids

VOLinDAWGland and Savage Orange like this.
  7. Savage Orange

True. I think the portal benefits schools like Tennessee that are trying to rebuild because it sort of equalizes the playing field… starry-eyed 18 year olds who went to Alabama, Georgia and OSU thinking they were going to be the next big thing, start right away (and didn’t…) have a chance to grow up a little and look around to see if there’s a place they CAN get that playing time. It makes me wonder how many Joe Burrows and Hendon Hookers we never got to see because they were trapped at the school they hitched their wagon to, only to end up buried on the depth chart…

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think there is more parody in athletes than there has been in coaching. And I think that will become apparent with the portal.

Savage Orange likes this.
  9. Savage Orange

I know you meant parity but the autocorrect made me laugh out loud for real!!

NorrisAlan, PilotFlyingJ and IP like this.
  10. Savage Orange

And I agree. I think with NIL deals, the freedom to move to a better position that comes with the portal and the increased leverage athletes now have we’re about to see a golden age of college football where schools that normally wouldn’t stand a chance of getting a highly ranked recruit will now have that opportunity due to limited spots available at the “big” schools… some of these folks will inevitably fall through the cracks to smaller schools for one reason or another. I don’t know that the QB position will happen a whole lot but I could totally see RB’s WR’s and especially defensive players ending up at schools you wouldn’t normally see them at, and that’s a good thing in my opinion…

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

EDIT: Parity, and it was my error. No autocorrect.

Savage Orange likes this.
  12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

The more I think about it, the NIL could be the death of Auburn football.

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It doesn’t help now but you gotta wonder if long term this works to our benefit with transfers who discover empty promises

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Barnes intimated we would see what your are talking about on the bball side as kids are being promised stuff more than ever. PT, $, etc.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  15. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’ll be surprised if Tennessee doesn’t get Williams

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Keionte Scott might be back in reach for us, it appears. Auburn taking DBs right and left seems to have put us in a better position.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Getting the top 2 corners would make me feel much better.

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Justin Williams committed just now

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He's also an Early enrollee

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

HCKevinsteele is not surprised.

TDVol1989 and HCKevinSteele like this.