POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

You just sea lion. I need to stop wasting my time.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It doesn't matter, the state is gerrymandered to hell. You realize Trump got less than 58% of the vote in 2020 in that state? That's "deep red." If about half of that thinks it should be banned, that is enough to swing the state legislature in that direction despite it being less than a third of the population.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Explain.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is Roe based on the Equal Protection Clause in the same way that Loving is?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This is what IP does. I’m asking a legitimate question. The answer is no. But instead of answering, he just makes up some nonsense about how I’m not interested in having an actual conversation.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I had never heard the term “sea lion” either, because old, but holy forking shit is that dead on.

IP, utvol0427 and lumberjack4 like this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What were your thoughts on the article IP posted. Would love to hear them, since you and everyone else is so serious about this conversation.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yes, this is what everyone is saying should be done, based on their rulings, and a desire for fairness, however distasteful. It is also what people are saying might be done... based on their rulings, and, the should be done thing. And the thing you are saying won't be done.

We're all being consistent here. Not you. In a perfect world, all would be rights. Since we aren't in a perfect world, we must accept the imperfect, which is, apparently, that none of these are rights. And thus, we cannot simply say, "It won't happen."

But even if it doesn't, if it does for gay marriage, it's as equally [uck fay]ed up.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

More info on the bolded part, please.

Are you going to weigh in on the Equal Protection Clause being the primary basis for Loving but not Roe, and why that doesn't seem to matter to anyone?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

The way things are going, the second amendment may be our only right.

NorrisAlan and gcbvol like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

utvol0427 likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I could just invent a gun that performs safe abortions, gay marriages, and gender affirming care, I could heal this nation.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Get to work

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

All 9 justices would resign upon hearing the case.

SetVol13, gcbvol and zehr27 like this.
  20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What info do you want? Because people think it should be done, it might be done. It can't be more clear than that--someone, somewhere, might make them put their money where their mouth is, even if its a complete shit show.

I have weighed on that, and direct quoted you. Please click this link: https://8thmaxim.com/forum/index.php?threads/random-political-legal.17691/page-194#post-1162823