POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Yeah I agree. People say something doesn't work. Then you find out it didn't work because they didn't do it. They have no awareness.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Year ... .....United States Michigan
    ................Number ..
    Rate .............. Number .... Rate
    2020P........ 3,364,127 ---10.1 ----------------117,087 ------11.7
    2019 ............2,854,838 ---8.7 ----------------99,095 -------9.9
    2018 ........... 2,839,205 ---8.7 ----------------98,985 -------9.9
    2017 ............2.814.000 ---8.6 ----------------97,532 -------9.8
    2016 ............2,744,248 --- 8.4 ----------------96,577 -------9.7

Raw death numbers

https://www.mdch.state.mi.us/osr/deaths/USMIcrudedxrt.asp

My mother always brings up "they were fat or had other diseases" a lot, too. And the fact is that we had 500,000 extra deaths in 2020. No amount of hand waving and conjecture is going to explain it.

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Obviously we can’t know for sure, but all evidence we currently have suggests we went too far and the negative effects outweighed the benefits. That’s obviously with the benefit of hindsight but we were still making what were in my opinion catastrophically bad decisions even once we knew a lot about Covid. It got too political. I don’t think anyone can say we went too far when it first started, there was no choice but to shut everything down, but it went too far for too long.

And I don’t think we should have done nothing, you’ll never hear me say that. Obviously the argument I’m making can come off as callous, that’s not lost in me. Shutting down schools, masks, etc etc unquestionably saved lives. But seeing as everyone eventually got Covid anyway and the overwhelming majority of our population was not at serious risk, I don’t think the adverse effects on the economy (particularly small businesses), education, mental health especially for young people were worth the trade off. And those adverse effects were totally foreseeable, we can go back and see people calling ahead of time that these things would happen.

Lastly I think it’s worth saying I was not in this camp 1-2 years ago. I was the one pushing my whole family to get vaxxed as soon as possible, I’m not sure my whole family would have done it if not for that push. I chastised my family about doing things I thought were too risky in terms of social gatherings. I was wrong. They knew the risk was virtually zero for them and they were still considerate of people in there lives who were at risk. The negative outcomes on the vaccine are t imagined, I experienced it myself (luckily only a brief scare turned out to not be serious). I know multiple people who had extremely serious vaccine complications. These people were at virtually no risk from Covid, the vaccine ultimately gave them almost no benefit. But of course they got it because they’re good people and they believed getting it would prevent them from spreading it. Wrong. I don’t have a crystal ball but I believe when we look back sometime down the road many people will share my view if they don’t already.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

What explains the incredibly unexpected high death rate right now not being driven by Covid?

justingroves and HCKevinSteele like this.
  5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Also cloth mask didn’t do anything.

surgical and N95 can if correctly used

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/langlo/article/PIIS2214-109X(20)30229-1/fulltext
    https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2101386118
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33197730/

Been observed from the start, and there are a lot of plausible explanations that people who want to blame vaccines refuse to hear, just like they refuse to look and see if this was actually unexpected or unknown prior to the vaccines.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

False.
    upload_2022-9-17_12-28-21.png
    https://arxiv.org/pdf/2012.01314.pdf
    While not fully adequate to protect completely, they do something. Compounded over a population, their collective benefit is significant for lowering R0.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2774266

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Really great thread on what's happening from someone (supposedly, though seems legit) on the ground at the border.

*Yes, I know the handle is an anti-Trump one. Take the information through a sensible filter.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've been pointing out the legality of these migrants to anyone that will listen, no one cares. Anyone coming from the southern border is now "illegal" to conservatives.

NorrisAlan and Unimane like this.
  10. juicemane

juicemane Member

Why is it that anti vaxx morons never just come out and say it? It’s always “just asking questions.” Assert your position and back it up or stfu.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t think one has to be labeled an anti vaxx moron for asking questions about death rates. Or maybe they do, which is part of the problem. When people get defensive, even more reason to question.

12. juicemane

juicemane Member

No one has been more wrong thru this whole thing than you. And the funny part is you’re so dumb you think you were right all along. The next self aware thought that pops in your head will be the first

The Dooz likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

aight

14. Ssmiff

I do believe I said everyone was gonna get it, regardless of vaccines and masks.
    Nobody knew anything about covid when it started.
    Now go eat a snickers juice box

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because if one just says it, it can be tested and falsified.

juicemane likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I still haven't had it.

17. Ssmiff

you sure? I still bet you will. Hopefully mild like most

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

i never once said it was the Covid vaccine’s fault and I’m no where near an anti vaccine guy.

I’ll say and do as I please though.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

To be fair, if you had it like I did there is a 100% chance you wouldn't have realized you had it. So probably more accurate to say you've never tested positive.

20. juicemane

juicemane Member

Check out some more jimmy dore content. I’m sure he’ll have the answers you’re looking for