POLITICS Inflation /General Finance Insanity

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by HCKevinSteele, Oct 30, 2022.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Feels like we can’t be too far from things hitting a breaking point. Americans simply can’t afford to live at current prices.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know how normal people afford to have kids even before this.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would make my own cookies, but eggs are 6 bucks a dozen.

I feel like we are being gouged by some of these industries. I know things got a little out of whack the last couple of years, but I just don't know how things have gotten so bad.

And I am not a company that can just pass the cost onto the next guy down the chain. The buck stops at the consumer. There are days I feel at the edge of my sanity.

4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

100% there has been rampant price gouging going on. Record profits all over the place.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well the eggs are specifically due to bird flu killing the majority of egg-laying chickens off this past year.

zehr27, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's the thing about this. If it were truly inflation alone, you wouldn't see record profits all over the place.

7. NorrisAlan

Yeah, this I was aware of, but also feed prices, which also can fall under the gouging area.

Wish we still had chickens. Damn raccoons

8. NorrisAlan

And all Congress is doing is [uck fay]ing around about laptops and pee tapes.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Des Arc Arkansas had no eggs in the city a few weekends ago.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

what are they going to do due?

Balance the budget and cut spending?

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ve heard some tales of this not being handled too swimmingly as well

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It’s been a matter of time for chicken and eggs. Been wondering for years how we would keep pace. Chicken is everywhere. In every home, every restaurant and grocery.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know this: it was being transmitted in the wild all over the place. I don't know how you can contain it once it is endemic.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

There's a budget?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

“…all of them were caught in something larger than themselves. Some of them hated the mathematics that drove them, and some were afraid, and some worshipped the mathematics because it provided a refuge from thought and from feeling. If a bank or a finance company owned the land, the owner man said, The Bank - or the Company - needs - wants - insists - must have - as though the Bank or the Company were a monster, with thought and feeling, which had ensnared them. These last would take no responsibility for the banks or the companies because they were men and slaves, while the banks were machines and masters all at the same time. Some of the owner men were a little proud to be slaves to such cold and powerful masters. ...

And the owner men explained the workings and the thinkings of the monster that was stronger than they were. A man can hold land if he can just eat and pay taxes; he can do that.

Yes, he can do that until his crops fail one day and he has to borrow money from the bank.

But - you see, a bank or a company can't do that, because those creatures don't breathe air, don't eat side-meat. They breathe profits; they eat the interest on money. If they don't get it, they die the way you die without air, without side-meat. It is a sad thing, but it is so. It is just so.”

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

So I assume Crowder is taking the "L" on his beef with the Daily Wire, right? Because pretty much everyone who knows anything about that space seems to think there is nothing untoward about the Daily Wire. It's pretty straightforward business. We know I don't care for Shapiro, but I think this stuff has been almost slanderous of him.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I hadn’t heard a word about it until you posted this. After reading a bit, I agree. Makes sense they would structure contracts that way.

18. NorrisAlan

Did Chef hack IP's account?

Poppa T likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Grapes of Wrath is kinda sounding recent, lately.

20. NorrisAlan

Sad to say, that is a book I have never read. I should pick it up.