22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Don’t blame him for going to help develop but he needs help in several areas, specifically ballhandling, better hands, slowing down, quit flailing, use pump fake, pull up instead of jump into defenders, release.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I’ve seen far worse than tonight

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't know if he goes. He's not like our past one and done-ers. He hasn't quite shown the level of athleticism or production of Chandler, Johnson, or Springer. A good case can be made he could improve enough over the summer to push himself deep into the first round. He's a full year younger than Brandon Miller. Going in as a sophomore at 20 isn't detrimental to his future, a case I hope they can make.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Watching on replay, did vitale know that kentucky wasn’t participating in the game he was working?

I want to like that guy, he’s an icon and he seems decent enough. Just he’s always rambled and rambled about everything except the teams playing in the game he’s working

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You have to just tune him out when he’s calling your game or you’ll lose your mind

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Barnes is not balancing the minutes as much as he was. I wonder if that is one thing that was giving our defense some of its teeth.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Texas is a very good offensive team. Barnes may have felt the need to keep offensive players in the game to avoid a prolonged scoring droubt. That would shorten the bench.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Texas has a top ten offense per KenPom. They got theirs on us, but that little mini-run that got it to 11 before we slammed the door was mostly heavily contested bullshit going in.

VOLinDAWGland and SetVol13 like this.
  9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Gotta say this for Barnes, if you stay in his program for four years, you are going to be unrecognizable by the time you’re out. Nkamhoua still has some weaknesses and some off games, but my goodness who outside of our coaching staff saw games like last night coming?

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  10. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Didn't think it was terrible the whole game, just at the end when Texas was throwing up prayers, slapping and shoving our players, and trying desperately to draw fouls, and every whistle seemed to go their way when really the refs should've just swallowed the whistles and let the game end.

11. Ssmiff

30 for Texas was dirty late. Several shoves and full blown tackle of Key after diving on our player on the floor, which is now supposed to be a foul.
    I’m still amazed at this record and the idea we could be #1 with an unrated 5’8 pg, kid from Uraguay, kid from Finland who hasn’t shown too much in 3 years and Uros being major parts. How jjj has become an offensive weapon to boot. And without 5* Phillips often not much help offensively.
    Reminds me of the TT team that won it. Just a strong team.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

#1 on Kenpom. Offense continues to climb.

13. Ssmiff

Good for Olivier. We and his coach have been critical, and for good reason. Evidently he and Barnes had a tough talk recently focused on the mental aspect and Olivier had his best practices of his career this week. Career high vs top 10 with Gameday in town. Awesome

Attached Files:

14. Ssmiff

Another note..ZZ has 3 double doubles this month. KC had 2 last year.

15. Ssmiff

Feel like Indy posting to myself in the NoBodycAres forum.
    Regarding the Barnes/ucla deal. Friend sent this said he got it from another site. I didn’t recall hearing about this, but it makes more sense as to why ucla came into the picture. Don’t think Barnes would have talked to them at his age, moving all the way to Cali, if he felt like he had AD support.

Attached Files:

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

So Fulmer's ego could have cost us again.

17. Ssmiff

The awards stuff is interesting. Hadn’t considered it. Barnes has got him a little temper and I’m sure he felt disrespected.

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Football guys running the AD have historically meant bad things for basketball

ole_orange likes this.
  19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

What a dereliction of basic duties for any P5 AD failing to attend and/or make travel arrangements for any of their coaches on campus in this scenario. Being recognized as the coach of the year in their respective sports is huge deal in the world of collegiate athletics. If I'm an AD, I don't care if it's the Tennis coach or Diving coach, god forbid you go support and celebrate your coaches when they are recognized for excellence.

20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

He's either petty and jealous or incompetent, or both I suppose.