22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Josiah hits these FTs after the media TO and it should be a wrap.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The last two missed threes were the Longhorns' chance, most likely.

3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Close it out. Don't [uck fay] around.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Why do we keep fouling them?!?

5. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Texas has no class. And these refs are trying their best to make this a game when it is obviously over. They can all go [uck fay] themselves.

A-Smith and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Joe Lindsay and Tony Greene want a Texas miracle so badly.

7. Unimane

Second half defense is what concerns me when we play a good offense. I believe in our defensive prowess, but we haven't exactly played great offenses this year.

Regardless, this is a big win. We really needed a top tier win since we don't have as many as those others we are fighting for the #1 seeds.

Tar Volon and Poppa T like this.
  8. Unimane

Texas has hip checked and stuck their legs out on these picks all game long without the refs calling a single one.

9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

10. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

He's too classy to do this, but I hope when Barnes was hugging Texas's coach he was telling him what a bunch of classless assholes he coaches.

And I hope he gives those refs an earful as well.

11. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

I watched a Texas player forearm Olivier to the floor right in front of a ref and the ref basically shrugged. Also watched the refs make every ticky tack bullshit call in Texas's favor toward the end of a game that was clearly over. College basketball officiating is maddening.

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Terry was one of his assistants at Texas, so I kind of doubt he would do that, lol.

IP likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hell yeah. What’s Barnes record vs top 10 the last 10 or so now?

IP likes this.
  14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Well that was a lot of fun. Gonna savor each week we have left in this season.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

As far as the officiating, and as a non basketball guru like some of y'all here are, I actually did not find their performance overall to be nearly as atrocious as most college basketball crews (*cough cough* Pat Adams/Teddy Valentine) are. At least they didn't force us into any significant foul trouble overall tonight. Don't believe anyone was ever even close to fouling out for us. JMO

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

6 wins in a row in home games vs top 10

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

gotta be more top 10 wins the last few years than previous century combined. Hell yeah,

18. Unimane

I hope Phillips comes back. He is not ready for the next level and will have a tough time getting into the first round. Next year will be an interesting team, especially if he's back. Get some NIL money together.

A-Smith, Tar Volon and ole_orange like this.
  19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Hopefully Phillips has better advisors in his corner than Huntley-Hatfield

20. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Probably 50/50 he comes back. I wouldn't bet on it though.