POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

lol. It’s all one big poor SNL skit.

utvol0427 likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It really is, both sides, Rs and Ds, red or blue

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I guess it's always been like this, but man does it seem like it's on rocket fuel the last decade.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

it’s always been like this and there’s really only one party on the national level, but the cost and energy to keep up the game is getting more expensive due to the internet.

ole_orange, NorrisAlan and warhammer like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Social media allows it to be captured forever and brought up when there's contradictions

ole_orange and utvol0427 like this.
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Funny how that works

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Anything to keep the power

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it is fueled and maintained by willful ignorance like that being displayed here pretending as if there is a monolith that moved a baseball game and then scheduled a convention. The electorate manifests it. Stupid in, stupid out.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Name them.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

maybe it has but not to the level of stupidity the last decade ish. Media is worse. Social media. Misinformation. Intentional misleading. Straight up fake news and stories created to divide more. Politicians and media are the root of all of it, as they profit the most from all the bs.

11. CardinalVol

Literally every democrat politician, organization, or special interest group that vilified Georgia for the election and law change and led to a tidal wave of it was bad to associate with Georgia? Didn't some Democrat states add them to the "block list" for conventions? They may not have explicitly said it, but they more than set up an environment for the decision to be made.

Actions have consequences, sometimes those we don't want. MLB read the room (poorly) and decided they would rather not be associated with anything Georgia because they felt they would be saying they endorsed the "poor" decision and be blasted for it. I'm sure there were activist chanting for them to move it, but I don't feel like researching.

ole_orange likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am asking who are the same people that pushed that now pushing for this. You're saying literally all of them that pushed for the baseball game to move are now pushing for the DNC to be in Atlanta?

The guy who sent the letter to the MLB is dead, card. He isn't pushing anything but daisies.

13. CardinalVol

None of them. They all rented their clothes, gnashed their teeth, and wore sackcloth for the remainder of the season that year and stayed outside of Truist Park for every home game howling and begging. It wasn't their fault at all, and it was absolutely stupid of me to think that their actions could have caused such a situation to arise for it to happen.

14. CardinalVol

Oh yeah, Haley is set to announce bid the 15th.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think I am being at all libtarded to think a few could be named if it is literally everyone. Or maybe this is a perception and feeling more than a fact?

Like I said, I remember voices and stories from the left about NOT moving the game too.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Not crazy about her, but a significantly better option than Trump or DeSantis.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

She has a shot if she goes full heal on Trump.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Didn't the president himself say something like he strongly supported pro baseball boycotting the all star game in Atlanta? A city in the state that was huge for him.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, but he is not calling for the dnc to be in atlanta. The premise is that the same people who called for the MLB game to move also are calling for the dnc to be there. Biden is not an example of that.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

So the guy who wrote the letter is dead and Biden who supported moving the game is not among those calling for the dnc to be in atlanta. Zero for two. Not literally everyone. So who?