POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You supported the same shit when Zehr said it about "people on this board". Are you so oblivious to the shit you do? You have, like, two contradictions, at least, in this post.

And, I keep telling you the same shit again and again. Voting for different parties isn't the noble act you continuously portray it to be. I vote (which hasn't been straight party for 3 decades, but not important) according to my views. When the GOP wants to come closer to mine than do the Dems, I'll vote for them. Simple.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We I guess I am in good company then.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Once again where did I say that? Ask someone that did.

4. Unimane

Why wasn't Ole's original criticism of the DNC a "teams" argument, while IP's and mine's was? It's things like this which catch my attention when you simply claim to go with what you feel.

Norris is pretty good about not being a hypocrite, based on my estimation, nor does he prance himself out there to do stuff like you do every time Trump is mentioned. The fact you have to ask "What right wingers on this board should I be calling out?" should be some kind of self-indicator. You think I'm a moron only because my political bent aggravates you.

My non-moronic point is I'm actually all for arguing with Ole's legit conversation about whether the DNC is being hypocritical about holding their convention in Atlanta, whether I agree or disagree. You coming in for the 167th time to [itch bay] about the lefties on the board about how their argument is typical "cult" like stuff and they can't argue from points other than their "teams" perspective strikes me as just stupid and hypocritical.

Ultimately, as I always say, I don't care about the bullshit. Just argue the damn point and spare me the "I'm better because I see both sides" sanctimony.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So if you see both sides or are willing to you are sanctimonious?

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I didn’t say it was noble. Shows a pattern. Here’s the main difference you fail to see. This whole thing is a circus, run by idiots. I don’t defend at all costs. You and IP do. It is what it is. If the republicans wanted to move the nba all star game for some politically hot reason then go back to that city for their convention, I’d laugh and call them all dumbasses. You can’t. You two can’t even admit the left involvement.
    A simple, “yeah quite ironic and not the best moves by dem leadership” is common sense and saves us all pages of finger pointing and insults

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am simply asking for the names of the dem leadership who allegedly made these moves.

8. Ssmiff

does Biden count? I mean, there was a lot of push and commentary, media and social media. It’s be a pretty good bet no republicans were pushing for it.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

He commented after the fact in support, not push.

I think there is a narrative that was conflate two things in retrospect. MLB made that move simultaneous with the uproar. The uproar wasn't for mlb to do that. Go and look at the stories, this seems to be a revision of events. And that is why no one is able to name a person who called for the MLB to leave AND call for atlanta to host the dnc. Heck, who specifically is calling for the dnc to be in atlanta? Logically, if it were "all of them" then who would they be calling on to do it? Themselves?

I may be wrong, but if I am someone should be able to drop names easily. I think it isn't a monolith now and it was a conflation of events then.

Seriously, who are "everyone" calling to now to have the dnc in atlanta? Themselves?

10. Unimane

The fact you were willing to ignore my first question and go straight to this should be but one indicator you aren't as "both sides" as you think, as well as your admission you don't find right wingers to call out on this board. The sanctimonious part comes in when the argument is portrayed as an argument not by its contents, but by the fact that your opinion is, somehow, more valid because you surmise yourself to be above the petty partisan fray. Either my argument is good or not, I'll sink or swim on those merits just fine.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

OK, sorry I got you butt hurt for not answering the first question. He was pointing out something he thought was funny and yes he is right leaning so I would say he was poking at the other side. Was he wrong?

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The whole MLB All-Star rift we have going on here now ultimately has nothing to do with the intention behind my original post that got this conversation started. Was just one obvious, glaring example that happened as a result of Dems, their voters, and media allies all rising up together in order to portray GA as some racist backwoods state intentionally trying to roll the clock back to an uglier time in our nation's history.

I brought the DNC considering ATL to this thread because rhetoric like "Jim Crow 2.0" was a very real, ugly and powerfully impactful political stance that Dems nationally casted onto the state of GA. All of us here know very well that saying the Dems portrayed GOP Georgia just a few months ago as ushering in a new era of Jim Crow is not revisionist history. A record voting turnout for a GA midterm that resulted in the election of a black Dem Senator over his black GOP opponent, thus giving a state that went blue in 2020 TWO Dem Senators representing them has for some reason quieted the "GA is ushering in Jim Crow 2.0" noise. It is beyond reasonable to look back and question/accuse the Dems of being hypocritical on all matters pertaining to the GA rhetoric they latched onto now that the DNC themselves might very well decide a "Jim Crow 2.0" state like GA (again, there words not mine) is best fit to host the DN freaking C national convention in 2024.

13. Unimane

Finally, we're getting somewhere.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Now you didn't answer my question

15. Unimane

You don't see as well as you think you do and that's the point I'm making. The thing you fail to see is IP and I consider the "it's all a circus, run by idiots" is a lazy trope. Well, I should probably just speak for me, but IP does ask a very simple question you are incapable of answering due to your adherence to some sweeping generalization. You often fail to see the blind spot here.

And, my pattern is my ideology. I'm perfectly fine with resting on it and I've repeatedly asked you to name the GOP candidate you feel I should've voted for in elections as a citizen of the US-Tennessee-Nashville for the last 16 years, based upon what you know of my political beliefs. Until then, your presentation to me of "a pattern" means nothing more to me than performance art. But, that's perhaps neither here nor there. You're unwilling to understand the distinction and I suppose it is what it is.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you should easily be able to name some folks that called for the MLB to move the game and now call for the dnc to be in atlanta.

If you can't, what distinguishes your statements from a lie?

17. Unimane

I answered it above, to your post even, one of the first ones. Did you not read it?

OK, well, I can see where Ole is coming from, but I'm not ultimately convinced by his point considering it wasn't official policy of the DNC, merely scattered support for a MLB's actions, nor did I see this as a perpetual boycott. I wouldn't expect the Dems to just avoid Georgia until the law was changed. I also don't think it's hypocritical for them to not change their view on the law, but change tactics to address it. It would also be hypocritical to support laws which were designed to tamper down the influence and votes of Republicans.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not sure who precisely is calling for the DNC to be in Atlanta. Do you know? I know that is the word, but who?

19. Unimane

From what I understand, a collection of southern Democrats trying to influence the selection committee.

20. Ssmiff

65 former and current senators