POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, the real important part in all of this for these folks is whether or not activists have the letter of the law exactly correct to their satisfaction and not the impact it had on the lives of those targeted by the law? No, I’m not surprised people who think like that are so self absorbed they don’t bother to consider effects of the law’s passage and impact.

Otherwise, of course you are willing to concede this very narrow outcome, as it is the minimal amount possible to recognize the nefarious effects of this law. The other facets you seem to intentionally ignore or disregard. It allows you an out to close your eyes to the actual ramifications of this entire episode. Your examples are also silly. Those aren't marginalized groups. There aren't any actual laws in place or even proposed to even remotely compare.

Let me state this again regarding this topic. The purpose isn't to fill jail cells. It's to impact the public discourse and create a hostile environment for these people, as well as virtue signal to their supporters.

You are hung up on this argument about the law being interpreted wrong and these people aren't in real legal danger without realizing this doesn't much matter. The larger intent is elsewhere.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hoping someone can explain this. A child observes two stages simultaneously. Both have an adult dancing on it, both appear to be feminine in presentation. One is actually a man in drag and the other is a female. What is the difference in effect to the child?

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Idk I guess it depends on how convincing the drag is.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's say they are equally convincing portrayals of femininity

6. JohnnyQuickkick

Maybe they wouldn’t know the difference. I’m obviously not an attender of anything in which drag occurs but I sort of wonder how often it’s “equally convincing”

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You can't catch the gay from the female.

VolDad likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, that is fine. So let's say one of them is a bit brava. What is the change in effect to the child?

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I hope one day people on the cause du jour train will focus on what matters. This is all silly. Instead of focusing on the millions starving, suckass schools, bad parents, homeless, violence, etc, we are worried about a tiny percent of men who for whatever reason feel the need to dress like a woman and flaunt themselves in public. Look at me! Look at me! I’ve got a wig, makeup, fake boobs and tucking my junk. Give me attention. Who cares. And parents can explain it to their kids when they see it, however they wish. Really none of your/our business.

utvol0427 likes this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

I could understand a child being confused.

11. Unimane

You had me until going off in the direction these guys just want attention, but then ended strongly.

12. Ssmiff

Plenty of performers want and need the attention. I’m sure there are plenty of cross dressers and drag queens who don’t for various reasons. I have a hard time believing the ones that put on shows don’t want everybody in the place to look at them. I’m sure it makes them feel great about themselves if even for a moment. Still doesn’t mean they aren’t up there seeking attention.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like fractions or identifying the adverbs?

I don't understand the issue, requiring a legal intervention beyond what decency laws already exist. You can't expose yourself to a child. There are already laws against indecent acts, etc. And drag itself does not appear even sexual to me. It's dudes wearing clothes. Maybe I am autistic, I don't know. I don't like singing or dancing. Never been to a concert. I don't see what the issue is with drag, or trans people. I'm not interested in drag and have no personal stake in trans stuff other than not wanting to see people get bullied. Nobody is getting converted, it isn't contagious. Most little boys will want to grow up to be men and chase women. The only difference today vs in the past is that the few who grow up to have other aims are free to do so. And I guess I am supposed to want them to be less free?

14. Ssmiff

Honestly IP a lot of it stems from the pronoun stuff to the Target bathroom stuff to not identifying gender and to be honest, a lot of people are tired of what they consider bullshit so imo something silly is the straw for pent up stuff.
    And gender reassignment discussion, meds etc that’s being pushed is just scary to me. Kids can’t make those decisions and don’t need to be forced to. Seems like people pushing for it just want their group to grow by any means.
    Sorry if that offends. Just being honest.

15. Unimane

It's a little more than wanting attention, though. Saying it's about seeking attention reduces this expression of who they are to something akin to how we described kids who misbehaved in grade school.

16. Unimane

Which is more tiring, having to make sure you call someone a she who wants to be called a she or having to live with people's bullshit they give you constantly for asking the respect every single day? In any situation, not just this one, I give two shits about the people who whine about being inconvenienced for being "forced" to show a modicum of respect for another person.

17. Ssmiff

you don’t think one out there in the street or up on stage seek attention? Agree to disagree

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems like a lot of separate things being conflated. For me, I lean on the medical and psychiatric institutions to make protocols and determinations. I don't think edge cases or "common sense" should dictate the lives of others. In all honesty, if my child came to me and said they think they are actually the other gender than the one that corresponds to their sex, I would be very cautious and conflicted about making any changes. But I would rely on experts to evaluate the case and find the best course of action. I wouldn't do anything rash, nor would I pretend like I know more than I do. My experience was to never think about gender stuff, personally. That makes it hard for me to understand people who feel strongly on gender issues, one way or the other. I kind of wonder if we just have a lot of time on our hands these days and 20,000 years ago we'd just be banded up into tribes and folks would do whatever they felt like personally expression and role wise while making sure no one was starving.

19. Unimane

One or the whole genre, as you suggested?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Then everyone directly involved with the issue is seeking attention. Which came first, the pulpit or the pole?