POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I work with middle school kids, with people who have worked with middle school kids for years. It’s anecdotal, I guess, but the more this stuff is in the public eye, the more kids are having issues with it, whether it’s legitimate or just kids’ games.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Boys aren’t really seeing an increase in this shit but social media is hell for girls and there’s a lot of clustering events on wanting to change gender with them.

Both sides seem crazy to me and I think that’s how most people see it.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am open to this line of concern, but I think where things fall apart is the information tends to be anecdotal. I would want some empirical data and study on this. I am left-handed. 100 years ago allegedly like 5% of people were. Now it is 12%. When I was in school, I was among the last classes to be forced to write with my right hand and be pulled out of class to try and make me switch hand dominance. Someone could look at that trend in handedness and claim there are more left-handed people today than before because we have normalized it. But I think that is an incorrect read. I think there is more variability in the human population that used to be muted or suppressed, but no longer is.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't get it but I don't really care either.

VolDad likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Social media is hazardous to girls, and there is growing empirical data to support that. And ya, I could see not wanting to be a "girl" when the standards and demands are higher with the upside being cordoned off to only a subset of them.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

I’m probably about to make people mad but while I think the vast vast majority of them have zero malicious intent it’s something at work to normalize this stuff in a seemingly inoffensive way

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't really want my 11, 8 or 6 year old seeing people dancing provocatively. I don't care if they're male, female, females dressed like males or males dressed as females.

I try to be a responsible parent and when my kids see it, talk to them about it.

I don't take my kids to hooters or twin peaks, I don't want them going to drag shows or strip clubs. A law banning drag shows is unnecessary and will lead to more restrictions. It's a shame parents think it's okay to take children to hyper sexualized events

SetVol13, IP, VolDad and 1 other person like this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It sure seems that way. It's not normal and it shouldn't be a big deal to say it's a little strange, just don't be a hateful dickhead

Ssmiff and JohnnyQuickkick like this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's a lot of stupid, immature shitheads that have kids now.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

I agree 100%. I’m not going to be a dickhead until a grown adult barks at me.

CardinalVol and justingroves like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

1. There shouldn't be. The parents need to be slapped.

2. Those days are gone now, now women are wrestling hardcore matches with thumb tacks and barbed wire

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or says roll tide

warhammer likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

I dont like that either but the barking triggers me infinitely more

justingroves likes this.
  14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's an exposure thing.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t know about the standards and demands being higher part and would most likely argue against it.

girls/woman do mature and change at a younger age and has to be way more confusing on a hormonal level and cognitive ability though.

hell just seeing hormone levels coming back down after our pregnancies with my wife was crazy to me.

warhammer and justingroves like this.
  16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yep, no different than actors and musical artists. Exactly same deal.

justingroves likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

some of those I’m sure do it for the money but they are addicted to being the center of attention as well.

18. gcbvol

This is true and we've seen it building over the past couple of years. Look, I'm as big an LGBTQ+ supporter out there, but I am fully opposed to obscenity being easily available or promoted to children. That includes drag performances or any others.

That said, states have existing obscenity laws in place which apply. Go after any offenders who break these laws. Please. But there is zero need for specific new obscenity laws targeting a specific group. None. It's all part of the larger culture war being driven by folks like DeSantis. Anybody paying attention saw this coming and know where it's heading.

SetVol13, Poppa T, Unimane and 2 others like this.
  19. gcbvol

Of course. Fully agree, but that personality type isn't limited to drag queens. You want to see attention whores?
    Online.
    Influencers.

SetVol13, justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

politicians pulling all this shit dividing us daily are the worst. “I want to lead my people.” “I speak for the people.” The [uck fay] you do