Tennessee/Florida

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 10, 2023.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Operative word.

InVolNerable likes this.
  2. VanJake

VanJake Joe Milton Fan Club President

This isn't the Spurrier or Myer Gators.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

4-11 for 5 yards, 2 INTs, -3 yards rushing. Maybe a fumble or two sprinkled in. I’ve not seen worse

4. VanJake

If we are keeping GOAT Milton i would run him every 4 plays.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Who is GOAT Milton?

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m guessing it’s Overthrow Joe

VanJake likes this.
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was about to ask and then it popped in there

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Odell Teckham Jr.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I get he ain't Hooker, but for the love some of you are idiots.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Ugh. He may not be the guy, but my respect for Milton is immense and he will not receive any scorn from me. The team respects him highly and he's conducted himself as more than an upright guy in a situation in which most players would've pouted or left. In fact, he became best friends and biggest supporter of the guy who took his job. I'm not using any derisive acronym for the man, nor ever.

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I said it earlier during the offseason, how quickly can one guy change expectations for the QB position? How quickly have we forgotten that Jarrett Guarantano used to trot out for us, with no hope of getting him out until he left. Milton may not be accurate or as savvy as Hooker but he's still a physical specimen and I have no doubt that Heupel and co will figure out how to get the most out of that position with or without him. It would be a shame to not throw a single pick in as many attempts as he has and get ousted. He's not Hooker but he can still do well for us this season. Also, I don't really think they've understood what they have in this team yet. You're not gonna get the improvisation like you did with Hendon and his ability to read the game. So they're having to find what works and honestly the defense has played pretty well as far as sacks and TFLs and rushing D. Just keep winning. It doesn't have to look pretty.

SetVol13, JohnnyQuickkick and IP like this.
  12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

We haven't worked Sampson, Seldon or Thornton in, either. And just like with Payton and Tillman in 2021, and Hyatt and Fant in 2022, we're gonna have some guys that pop once the staff understands how to use them.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t think the worst case scenario with Milton is that bad, but the ceiling is so high you gotta give him some rope. Important to remember these first two games the opposing defense was just playing to not give up 70. SEC teams probably aren’t going to be able to prevent a lot of easy deep shots like we saw last year while also preventing them from getting 6 yards a tote.

No real reason for concern at the moment, imo. If Milton bombs against Florida then it’s a conversation.

14. VanJake

He is the same GOAT Milton that was at Michigan.
    I said it last year and i will never change my mind.
    But we will let the season play out with GOAT Milton and see how you feel when we are 8-4 if we are lucky.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

This doesn't seem like a rational position. If you are right, it will just be luck.

16. Ssmiff

I don’t recall him being at 14 tds to 0 ints during any phase at Michigan

VOLinDAWGland and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. VanJake

It looks like JH is calling a totally different game with GOAT Milton behind the wheel.

Too many Fulmeresque side line passes.

Tells me JH doesnt have confidence in using the breath of his 2022 HH offense.

18. Ssmiff

Coaches will change it up when qb is off and high. Plus they were 3 deep.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

What pass would you recommend when the defense is dropping 8 guys back?

Memtownvol likes this.
  20. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

We gave small and wright 13 Carries each. I’d say get 20 carries a piece in an sec game if they are playing defense like that

VOLinDAWGland and Memtownvol like this.