Carolina Jr Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Cooper Mays scheduled to play and start tomorrow night.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tomorrow night is going to be rowdy. I can already tell online. Really rowdy.

justingroves and Tar Volon like this.
  4. Ssmiff

He had surgery on 2 or 3 hernias. Not sure how he didn’t lose a lot of strength in a month. We will see. Fresh legs at least

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Hoping a bit of know-how in the middle of the OL helps

6. Ssmiff

gotta be better than Olay Lane

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Guess who's son has a band competition tomorrow?

This guy!

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Feel like we’re primed to bounce back in a big way if we don’t give up 80% on third and fourth down.

It’s sad to make that an if, but that’s one breakdown that’s fairly plausible and could turn things for the bad.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Do better

SetVol13 likes this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

I have no feel. I think no possible outcome is off the table

11. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Rattler has looked good and legette is fast AF. I think their d-line is good enough to take advantage of our o-line. Calling a loss and an ugly one. Really would love to be wrong.

12. Ssmiff

One good thing about defending leggett is you know Banks will have a safety 30 yards off the ball after the snap ready to keep it in front of him

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If Hadden has to cover or is covering Leggette, then we are in for a long night.

14. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Our Dline needs to earn some money tomorrow.

Memtownvol and ole_orange like this.
  15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Whatever we do, let's do our damnedest to not allow the overall dynamic of the game evolve into a "QB duel". I doubt Milton will finish as many drives as Rattler can if our defense is once again a no-show vs them this year.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

A Garner coached Dline unit is almost never the reason behind a loss a team employing him suffers over the last 25 years of him being a coach in this league. I have faith that the Dline will give us a chance. How much or little our LBs and Secondary sucks tomorrow is going to tell the story probably.

17. Ssmiff

Send help to Leggette. Under over. Get pressure, squat on other routes

18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

No matter how great Garner is, he cannot combat a defensive scheme that relies on tired stunts up front with an overcomplicated system of adjustments on the backend. Banks has never allowed these guys to consistently line up and play football. If he'd just do that, you may eventually see someone actually become confident and improve from week to week.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

I’d at least like to see our DL tip some balls with all this quick throw dinking

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I think you'd see that if they were allowed to consistently go upfield on passing downs. Instead, they're way too often moving laterally in a convoluted system of stunts/loops while dropping their field sided DE into a zone that frequently accounts for nobody. It gives the offense an 11 - 9 advantage.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.