SC postgame

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Ssmiff, Sep 30, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Was waiting for Card but he may be poorly coaching another kids team.
    -that was an ass whipping. Plain and simple. Every position.
    -believe Heup may have told Banks to cut the bend defense.
    -dbs looked great tonight. Because of pressure and breaking on routes for a change
    -can’t believe Bru. My son in a black Bru jersey went silent the rest of the night.
    -We missed Mays
    -3 rbs had tds. Sampson is Kamara.
    -Milton is Milton and our best shot to win games right now.
    -fewer wr screens coming
    -22 and 7 played a lot of snaps. 44 gets caught on blocks too much.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I said this in the other thread but Hadden had a good game tonight. I've talked shit about that guy but gotta give credit where credit is due.

3. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Play action off the run game is the secret to our success. Milton can make the throws on DBs that bite.

Memtownvol and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  4. Ssmiff

Got to give credit when deserved if we are gonna call them out. Did he all of a sudden get better? Did Martinez have a great week? Naw. The scheme, playcalls, plan and pressure allowed them to just go and not sit back 20 yards guarding empty space.

5. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

The more plays our offense gets the better. I’d rather them score quick instead of in 7 minutes. That’s two extra possessions for our offense.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

We won. It wasn’t close by any measure. It lacked some style points in the form of big time plays, but there is an element of we haven’t played our best yet. It was important not to lose this game and board the train to the bottom. Lots of ifs remaining but we can still accomplish things this year. No game on our schedule is a guaranteed loss. Only 1 or 2 are guaranteed wins.

We lived to survive another round so it’s still football. I sincerely hope any negative or serious impacts to Bru’s health are minimal.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee dominated both lines of scrimmage

Winning the line of scrimmage makes football pretty easy

Pearce is the kind of athletic pass rusher Tennessee hasn’t had since Darrell Taylor

This defense doesn't need to ever run a soft zone again

Milton had a decent at best game

Wright, Sampson and Small are a good trio

Nimrod and Webb, here's your chance

The officiating was pretty terrible

TDVol1989 likes this.
  8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Seeing Telander and Carter play together was a nice glimpse into the future.

thagodfather likes this.
  9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

This, this right here.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  10. TDVol1989

We all heard Teabagger was underrated and he really seems to be a steal. We need to play Carter as much as possible. He is physically gifted and you can see his instincts to make a play. Just obvious

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

I been talkin bout Telander since he switched to Ga lg division for Sr year and continued to be dominant. Carter is playing SEC lb snaps and was an rb recruit till at year.
    I have concerns about Herring but hopefully game experience helps. Seems a little slow to read and go

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

No reason this team can't still compete for an sec title. Another loss by UF seems completely plausible and then Tennessee controls its own destiny.

Tall order, but it is all still ahead of us 5 games in.

13. TDVol1989

Seems Herring gets snaps due to experience. You were and are right about Telander. Carter should be playing as much as possible. He’s a football player

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Florida is bad. They may not win another conference game.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Thats is Super Bowl champion coach card to you thank you very much. 8-0 and scored 278 points. Didn’t punt all season.

PilotFlyingJ, SetVol13, IP and 2 others like this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This is about as good as GOAT Milton

17. Ssmiff

Quick perspective check in. Our current home winning streak is the longest since 2000. 23 years. Crazy.

A-Smith and Memtownvol like this.
  18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I hope we get some recruiting momentum from last night's game. Looks like we had a lot of recruits in visiting.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Glad to see some accountability on defense. I believe that after Herring was freestyling on the long TD run Tellander got the snaps over the following two series.

VOLinDAWGland and justingroves like this.
  20. Ssmiff

Herring has the habit of being a little late to read and go which means an OL is on him by the time he sees it and he’s toast. or he takes a bad angle. The UF Hadden deal on the Etienne run doesn’t happen if 44 takes a better angle. Hopefully game experience helps and Beasley can teach.
    7 has improved with game experience and 22 has been in a lot the last 2 games.

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.