SC postgame

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Ssmiff, Sep 30, 2023.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Don't spoil all the fun with your facts and such.

Although fr I once had a jelly fish wrap around my entire ankle when I was like 9 years old in Destin. To this day that was still the most shockingly painful thing I've ever experienced in my life. It was a uniquely horrific and awful sensation of pain that felt like my skin was burning off my body. My ankle looked like the Saturn ring for a couple days. I was with my grandparents and cousins for a long weekend down there and remember my grandma applying baking soda on my swelling.

Looking back I probably should have been awarded a medal for somehow managing to not cry. That shit hurt. Jellyfish are demons

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I dunno. You get peed on by a random person, and I'm guessing you stop worrying as much about the jellyfish sting.

Memtownvol, gcbvol, SetVol13 and 4 others like this.
  3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Very true but Jimbo has beaten him before. I still think Bama pulls out a close game because of their D.

4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I had one wrap all the way around my wrist and light my ass up. Worst pain I’ve ever experienced I think.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Never broken a bone? I've been lit up by jellyfish, was akin to a wasp sting.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Pssh. Way down my list. Shingles on my torso spine to sternum still the worst I’ve dealt with. Like burning inside for days and days.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. HCKevinSteele

Broke my arm once and it was a bad break. I’m no jellyfish expert so I can’t really explain it. I’ve been stung by them plenty of times and yea I would say all but one of them were comparable to a wasp sting. The one that wrapped itself around my wrist? Multiply that by 10,000.

8. HCKevinSteele

Brother I’m not having a worst pain experiences dialogue with you, you’ve got enough for 5 lifetimes

justingroves likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

started in 9th grade trying bench press and bar crushed my top middle 6 teef into pieces. Nerve exposed stung a little.
    Getting thrown from a car hitting telephone pole above Shoneys off Chapman hwy shoulda been worse. though I don’t remember, pretty sure i invented parcor before I came to a stop. Inadvertent parcor, but parcor nonetheless

TDVol1989 likes this.
  10. HCKevinSteele

It’s a miracle you’re alive / can walk

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea I've somehow never broken a single bone myself yet, but having a limb full blown wrapped around on by a jellyfish was galactically more painful of an experience than any insect sting I've ever received. Felt like being blindsided by hundreds of burning acidic mini knives suddenly sinking into my lower leg/ankle.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Shingles are pretty bad. Wouldn’t wish it on anybody.

13. Ssmiff

brutal. Can’t imagine the pain when I see people with it on their eyes.
    I got it as a side effect from taking a statin. Old chicken pox dormant virus in my system was awoken like a vampire from taking a statin and was not happy. I could only explain it as being stabbed and jabbed with a hot poker from the inside.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I can’t imagine having around the eye. I had it on the torso. Pain constantly shooting across the nerves. Doc gave me 800 mg ibuprofen and wished me luck. Those didn’t last long. Bet I put down a whole bottle that week.

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Shingles and kidney stones are the worst. At least kidney stones typically pass within 24 hours. Shingles feels like the infected area is one big burn. The nerves in my thigh still haven't healed from my last go round a couple of years ago. My thigh is still numb.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

USCjr. twitter is somehow still basking in the fact that we cared enough to kick the shit out of them this year. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Tar Volon likes this.
  17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Three years of Corky has them with lowered expectations and they are eating it up.

justingroves likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

A-Smith likes this.
  19. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

Shingles is no joke! Took like a month for it to clear up too. That shit sucks.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Had a small avulsion fracture in my foot that was pretty bad for about 24 hours several years ago.

I am still feeling the rib fracture that was presumably from my thoracoscopic lung surgery 4 months ago. I blame the robot on that one. It’s just radiating soreness now but for a little while it took some drugs to keep at bay. Problem was I also have had a chronic cough from same surgery that is just now getting better that has slowed the healing process

Worst pain I’ve ever experienced was in my shoulder after the same surgery. It’s a really common thing with varying severity, and I understand it can be caused by several things during the procedure. I’m not sure I know (or want to know) what 10/10 pain feels like but I have to imagine that was at least a 9. Made me quite thankful for opioids.

Can’t imagine a jellyfish sting being anywhere near that

Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
    Memtownvol, SetVol13 and justingroves like this.