The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just because a kid doesn't want to get needlessly berated or kicked in the shins on the bench doesn't mean they are softer. Means they have options now and don't have to put up with that shit.

Would be like saying workers were tougher in the 1890s because they could handle sweatshop conditions. Doesn't make sense to me.

NashVol11 and The Dooz like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Don’t know what to say except todays athletes are mentally softer for the most part. Physically stronger and faster across the board, but weaker up top. It’s not their fault. Quitting has become the norm and didn’t used to be

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He got older and angrier. I enjoyed his rants but I wouldn't have wanted to be on the receiving end of one

Poppa T likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

More pressure and brighter lights may be part of it. You aren't allowed to even be average nowadays.

5. Ssmiff

Switch would flip quick. I struggled with that at times. I was younger and dumber but I get it. Always respected him for several reasons but mainly because he didn’t give a [uck fay] if you approved of his methods or not. Have to admit though I wasn’t aware he and motion offense were tied together. Most teams prior probably running UCLA high post with no 3 pt line

6. Ssmiff

Sure. And social media. What a kid is allowed to be is on the parents, hs coaches, “advisors”, and the kid. Kids like Hyatt with 2 involved and loving parents will be mentally stronger than the kid with a handler managing things while telling him how great he is and how much money he’s gonna make, after fees of course.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t think anybody would say that Larry Bird was soft or mentally weak and he decided early on he wanted no part of what Knight was offering.

NashVol11 likes this.
  9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Vandy off to a wonderful start to their season!

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Poor Vandy. I kind of like Stackhouse.

Still, this is good. I went to a UK-Vandy game in Nashville with the intent to pull for them and by the end I was just praying for an F-5 to touch down.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Stackhouse can coach. It doesn’t seem like he cares to recruit

SetVol13 likes this.
  12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Auburn dropping their opener was enjoyable too

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

That’s one of the worst losses in SEC basketball history. Presbyterian lost 27 games last year, lost their top two scorers from THAT team, and they were picked to finish last in the Big South conference.

utvol0427 likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wow. Way worse than I thought, and I already thought it looked like shit.

They may struggle to win a conference game.

10SEvols likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They had 0 wins since 1/1/23. Well, they have 1 now

16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I love that they (Vandy) lost to such a top tier program.

17. Ssmiff

Looking at box score it hard to see them losing that game.

18. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Vandy and Louisville should just play each other 30 times this year.

19. Ssmiff

Watching a little St John’s. Pitino pulled. Prime with the portal. The Ledlum kid who bolted after signing with us plays for them. He’s ok. I see why he left though. Not sure who he would’ve played ahead of

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If pitino can’t somewhat win there they should shut the program down.