The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They will athletically overwhelm teams under him and win a bunch of games. He hasn’t changed his style of play which is to make teams play 94 feet and wears them down

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Im more or less convinced if I coached bball this is what I’d do and play fast.

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I was fortunate to play for some really good basketball coaches and I can’t wait to coach my future kids in basketball because we will absolutely blow the doors off of people.

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Maybe my expectations are a little high, but I’d be shocked if he doesn’t make a final four during his time there.

SetVol13 likes this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Growing up, this is what we did when the leagues allowed pressing. After a made basket, we'd have a guy running the baseline with the guy throwing it in and we'd force the pass to the corner and trap. Basic stuff, but most teams couldn't break a press consistently so we'd run them off the court. It was a fun way to play instead of the running to the defensive end and setting up a zone.

6. CardinalVol

I don’t know if he can pull that off, but I’ll be surprised if they aren’t an annual tournament team. As I’ve always said, he’ll be able to throw a rock and put together a talented team with kids inside the radius of where it landed.

7. CardinalVol

I loved Pitinos UK teams (I was a teenager and they were more fun that KOs teams where scoring 50 was an offensive breakthrough, plus I knew Tony Delks family) and reading Woodens bio about going full court fast break solidified it.

8. Ssmiff

Flipping thru guide I see lady Vols are playing so I tuned in for last 4 minutes of the half. I have never seen less effort or speed on defense at any level.
    FSU has 54 pts at halftime

9. CardinalVol

Oof. Louisville lost to Chatt last night.

Thinking Wades last team would hammer this bunch.

10. Ssmiff

BHH left 2 years ago because he wanted to show his whole offensive game. He had 6 last night.

justingroves likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Vols tonight. Duke v Mich St then Ks v Kentucky. What a great night of hoops

gcbvol and IP like this.
  12. Ssmiff

Wisconsin got whipped. Not too often you shoot 21 more shots and lose by 13

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Uhh Kentucky might be good. Fab 5 looking type situation

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They are good. You get 7,000 5-star players every year it's bound to pay off every once in a while.

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

And they’re playing without three guys, all at least seven feet tall, who are going to be major contributors. Two are out with injuries and one still waiting on clearance from the NCAA.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Im not watching right now. They were playing free and fast in the first half. Hopefully those trees mess that up

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you all wanna crown their ass, crown 'em. I think we have something special, with a balance of youth and experience.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And Rick is Cal’s daddy.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

All Kansas had to do to get back in the game was match the energy of Kentucky. They’re finally starting to do it.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

How us Jay Bilas able to walk around being so wrong all the time? Threw his chest into him? What in the world? We have slo mo replays, his chest never touched him.