23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I couldn't bring myself to watch; especially after reading some of the early post in this thread.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I probably ate every bag of chips in the house over the last 10 minutes of the game. That's how nerve wracking it was. Just a really feel good win.

Ssmiff likes this.
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Don’t let the spazzes in this thread decide for you. No offense to them, but they’re spazzes

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

you mean he shouldn’t decide to watch the game based on posts like “throwing away an SEC championship” in a 2 possession game with 12 minutes left?

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Watch 'em all. You'll thank me when you're old.

I just view watching/going to see the Vols play like I do when I watched our kids or watch our grandkids. I feel bad for them when they lose and happy as shit for them when they win.

What DK did tonite was a joy to watch.

P.S. SEC refs suck.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

One of the best things about being at the games is I can’t really follow this thread.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Kenecht scored 23 points in an 8 minute span. Video game shit.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

We went down 8 and he said not on my watch. Then proceeded to bend the barners over.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

If he wants National player of the year, score 20+ and win out. That's about the only shot at getting it over Edey.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Transferring to a big 10 team for the last 4 games is probably his best shot

12. JohnnyQuickkick

lol calling that ball out off ZZ with about 3:00 left is one of the most comically bad calls I’ve ever seen

IP likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Shit, it got that bad? Guess my power went out at the right time.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just went and looked and didn't see anything too egregious, but I may have missed it.

15. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

No. Like always, the complaining about the complaining is much worse.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Last night’s game felt different.

DK’s scoring explosions throughout the season have always been kind of weird. I’ve always felt simultaneously excited about what he can do and disappointed about the rest of the team just disappearing. It didn’t feel cohesive.

Last night felt cohesive. ZZ played poorly, but he didn’t disappear. He hit multiple key FT’s late. Santi was in foul trouble all night, but he had that epic hustle put back on the long DK missed 3 at a key moment. Aidoo struggled in some senses but had a number of tough, necessary buckets early. JJJ and Gainey both struggled offensively but stepped up at times as well.

This was the first DK scoring explosion where the rest of the team felt like it did its part to some degree, which is what we will need come tournament time. Exciting.

Poppa T and Tar Volon like this.
  17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Pearl teams can be frustrating to play. It always looks like you're outplaying them and they're discombobulated, but they get a bunch of loose balls and thrive on chaos and shoot without consciences. That's how we played when he was here, and Auburn plays a lot like Tennessee used to.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

I’ve alway kind of facetiously thought that a big reason his teams are successful is that the opponent just can’t believe another basketball team could play that dumbly

VOLinDAWGland, SetVol13 and LawVol16 like this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

no, spazzomg out with 12 minutes left in 2 possession game talking about throwing away a championship is much worse than pointing out how overemotionally dumb that comment is in hoops.
    If people don’t want reactions, don’t post dumb shit

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Damn