23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Did you guys see the penis he drew on his playcall when espn showed auburn during a timeout?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

After seeing the replay I’m assuming he just didn’t see it right or it was an attempt to fire up his guys.

5. Ssmiff

Watching old man Barnes as Knecht is going off. Knecht sends him sitting back in his chair and wiping his face 3 times in a row. Hes usually up or on front of his seat. Knecht sends him leaning back with his arms crossed admiring what he’s seeing.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

It was a pretty bad time for the “Fire the guys up” T if so

A-Smith likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

12 straight home wins against ranked opponents

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Best in conference history. Kentucky has never done this.

9. Ssmiff

And did I hear we have won our last 80 when up at halftime? Did I hear that right? Insane if so really.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Went back through the pbp to get numbers on Knecht’s hot streak.

He missed his first five shots of the second half. He made 9 of his next 10. Just felt like we got down and he’s like “alright enough of this.”

Indy likes this.
  11. JohnnyQuickkick

Several of those shots were “get your ass sent to the end of the bench” for anyone else

Indy and Tar Volon like this.
  12. Ssmiff

Hearing he works harder than everybody else makes you pull for him more.

VOLinDAWGland and Tar Volon like this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

a lot of consternation on pretty much every postgame show about everybody else needing to do more, and i get the sentiment, but i think some of that is self-fulfilling, like why would anybody not named Dalton Knecht be taking very many shots when he gets those heaters going?

justingroves and Tar Volon like this.
  14. Ssmiff

We’ve had plenty of games where everybody does more. When he’s on like that and they have to send double teams, everybody else has more room. I’m glad Barnes lets him take over. He’s been labeled as hindering offensive players for years and what he’s letting DK do and how he’s getting him open and in matchups, leading to likely POY and AA, puts that to bed again.
    Plus, when teammates see the confidence and ball go thru, they are confident. ZZs big 3 for example when they were hugging DK.
    And..take away Edey, Big ks center, RJ Davis, Sears, etc etc off their teams and they’d all be in trouble as well. We got DK to be a scorer. We just had no idea what he would become. Nothing he showed saw 37 at UNC and 39 v Auburn in his future

gcbvol and IP like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is a segment of our fan base who will always know better than the coach or anyone else. That's big time at play with complaints about a team doing as well as this one.

Ask Kentucky if other Tennessee players got involved.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
  16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I've said the words "don't love that" at least 5-10 times this season as he begins to throw up a deep and/or contested 3. He has made me eat my words on a number of them.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Remember at the beginning of the game when Jimmy was talking about how DK was still the favorite for SEC POY, but was saying it in a way that suggested others aren't too far behind?

That aged well.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Finally got around to watching this. From 12 minute TO to 4 minute TO was as good as I’ve ever seen from an individual player. Absolutely amazing.

IP likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Truly. You can see that the highlights don't capture it. He made baskets that were super well defended.

20. Ssmiff

I don’t recall an odd crowd noise building like it did when Knecht had hit a few and got the ball again. The anticipation of everyone in the arena with a player on a heat check was something I’d not seen or heard before in our arena.
    And I’ve seen that 8 minute span 3 times now, stopping and looking at fans, Barnes, our bench, other players etc.

TennTradition likes this.