23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Edey talking shit about Barnes not recruiting him. I’m sure he would’ve if he had known that you would be officiated in a way no else in the country is officiated. Or maybe not knowing he’d have to watch your boring ass for 5 years. Dickhead.

tvolsfan, justingroves and dknash like this.
  2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

That is my perception. NBA guys will own him.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

G league or nothing. He can't play in Europe because they run too much.

He's just not a great basketball player. He's just 7'4 and 300+ pounds. It works when you are biggest guy on court, but not when the other guys are freak athletes.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Most accomplished UT season ever and we still deserved better than we got because of an illogically protected goon of a 7-4 center with one move. I reiterate how much I [uck fay]ing hate Purdue and their merry band of cheating ref beneficiaries.

Otherwise, one season of DK is almost unfair, but I'm so glad it happened. JJJ got so much shit, but was indispensable in our run in the tourney. Santi had the most mysterious drop off I've ever seen from a UT player, but his previous three years made up for everything which fell apart this year. Will miss those three immensely.

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

In my youth, Edey was the guy you had carry the heavy shit. Cause that was all he could do.

The no-calls for Edey are disgusting. Makes me sick. Especially for the kids playing.

My grandsons were watching with me. They were livid at the no-calls. They could not believe it.

justingroves likes this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He’s probably got a chance at hanging around on an NBA roster as a garbage time guy. He can be a mismatch offensively, even in the NBA, against backup units. But yeah, much more likely he’s out of the league not long after he first enters it.

7. yont sum iss?

Oh my god. I just had a thought. DJ Burns taking down Edey in the final 4. Maybe the most Tennessee thing that could ever possibly happen.

justingroves likes this.
  8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I'm good with that. Son went to NC State, so I'm ok pulling for them.

Burns almost did not make it past the mid court line in time the other day. Ha!

yont sum iss? likes this.
  9. yont sum iss?

Oh I’m all for it too.

emainvol and Poppa T like this.
  10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Hope he does, I like Burns

That and I would literally cheer for ISIS to take down Edey at this point

justingroves likes this.
  11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I hope we get the opportunity to watch Edey try to play in the NBA. There were multiple possessions today when he was unable to back down a true freshman, he'll get his shit wrecked in the NBA.

12. CardinalVol

Oh gosh, I just audibly laughed at him trying to match up with Jokic.

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Gotta develop at least a little bit of a jumper to make it.

Hey, he has made a three this year. One three, LMAO.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

DJ’s going to have to have the game of his life for them to win. He’s got 23 today. I don’t think even that will be enough.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Imagine him playing against the Celtics and trying to guard Porzingis.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Is there a 3 second violation rule in the NBA?

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Whole town is a dump. Smells like shit too.

utvol0427 likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

I do wish Aidoo would have at least played average, or at least been able to hit the 12 footer with some consistency. That would have been a tremendous game changer opening up the lane. More than once I wondered if we ever considered going small across the board just to get him out of the lane to open it up.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It would have been worth trying, I think. He was getting his on offense no matter who was on him, so make him a gigantic liability on D.

I wonder if Painter goes zone in that situation?