23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't understand how big guys can shrink like they do for the Vols over the years. Aidoo, Alexander, Fulky, and I am sure more I am forgetting... get so timid. Why?

A-Smith likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

When we tried at end of game he guarded mashack. I guess he would have done the same.

ZZ SV DK JJJ and JM would stretch it. Let JJJ guard him.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Makes you wonder if coachability and clutch are negatively correlated

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Edey is taller and probably outweighs him by 50 lbs. Aidoo is good at those little short and midrange shots. He was just off today after the airball on the 1st possessionz Alexander got hurt and didn’t get to play in tourney. Fulky undersized when he was at the 5.
    I do wish we had a dominate big man we can count on but we havent.

5. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He played at [uck fay]ing IMG Academy and wants you to believe he’s been an underdog all his life.

Honestly I hope DJ kicks his ass.

But we all know DJ will be fouled out of the game with 10 minutes left.

UConn-Purdue title game is inevitable

justingroves likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Edey's comments about Barnes are so classless I am speechless.

Indy likes this.
  7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don’t really think this. But there does seem to be a soft personality that jives with Barnes

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

DJ just needs to clothesline him

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The refs will foul him out after 8 minutes total on the floor and Purdue will win by 30. DJ is their offense.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If DJ breaks his nose, it will be worth it

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I’m not as mad about the foul calls drawn by Edey so much as the fouls HE committed in this game and got away with. The dive on top of Josiah for the loose ball. All the high elbows into our bigs. THAT was the maddening part for me.

13. CardinalVol

Yup.

We foul a lot. I understand this. It goes with the brand of ball we play. But it’s absurd what he got away with.

Poppa T likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

All this said, at least we didn’t get beat this time because a self proclaimed one and done was too lazy to dive on a loose ball 2 feet from him in a crucial stretch of game and then a kid that could barely dribble tried to lead a 3 on 1 break and screwed it up.

SetVol13 and utvol0427 like this.
  15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I was today years old when I learned that the college 3 second clock resets if you just put one foot out of the paint and lift the foot in the paint off the ground. That’s dumb as hell and no other level of ball does this. Everywhere else you have to clear both feet, or at least show the intent to do so unless you are driving to score.

This is why Edey will struggle in the pros, in addition to the fact that the lane is wider and there’s also a 3 second rule defensively. So he can’t camp under the rim and just wait to reject someone driving at him. You have to have at least a little quickness to be a good NBA big.

IP likes this.
  16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There's probably an endless list of reasons he will struggle in the pros.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The more I think about it, the more bothered I am that our Friday game was as late as it was and our Sunday game was as early as it was Sunday.

Why did the games need to end so late Friday and so early Sunday? Just odd scheduling.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'll play more meaningful minutes in the NBA than that melungeon will.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It took it's toll on ZZ. Those short open 3s were tired legs.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

And, according to one of the local sports talk guys, we were given the noon practice time on Saturday, so we had guys up until 2:00-3:00 on Saturday morning and had to be up early enough to get everything done and on the court by noon on Saturday.