Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I watched more women’s hoops the last 2 weeks than combined ncaa womens, wnba and nba in the last 10 years.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It's more likely in women's bball than others. Plus I think he build allows for it. Heck, even on the men's side it's different in the pros.

3. Ssmiff

She’s an athlete and will do fine in pros with 4 other players who don’t look like they are playing in the 1960s. 44 for Iowa. I’m not sure she made a positive play in the tourney.

4. CardinalVol

I'm not sure Iowa wins 10 games if she's not on the roster.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

One gets called toxic for not lauding CC, but then folks say stuff like this about Iowa not winning 10 games without her. To me, that's much more toxic.

6. Ssmiff

I don’t understand toxic use here

7. CardinalVol

They simply were not good at all out sider of her and other other. Simple as that.

8. Ssmiff

Now…will she be able to play as free and how will other pro teammates like it when she gets the attention and launches a bunch of shots, we will see.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

And are graduating several seniors. So what if they don't suck next year, with those same players and freshmen?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hedging.

11. CardinalVol

Then good for them that they developed over the summer and got better because they would have sucked without her this year.

justingroves likes this.
  12. CardinalVol

Randomly saw this on the FB re the SC game -

"Not a very funny comment. I dont think any player or coach needs to be blamed for that game. There were so many turnovers and so many shots and free throws missed that we never should have put ourselves in that spot. It was a great game, we just fell short. Our Lady Vols or coaches did not lose this game on purpose. If you watched that game and the girl's faces and Coach Harper's face when that lucky bank shot fell in you know they were all hurting but yet we still have people poking jokes. It is rediculous. Blame Kellie, blame Powell, blame anyone you want. Maybe if you had yelled just a little harder or you prayed for us to win......maybe you can blame yourself. NO ONE LOST THAT GAME ON PURPOSE. So let it go, it is over, we got a new coach that not many know anything about. We just have to give her a chance."

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

This angers me. I would like to yell and horse-cuss this person for several minutes.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sports isn't a game of chance like dice. There is always someone that could have played better or coached better. Losses and wins don't just fall out of the sky.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I legitimately laughed out loud when I read this post. Never change, @Ssmiff

IP likes this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I definitely didn’t pray about it so I’ll shoulder my share

SetVol13 and IP like this.
  17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

All this yackety yack about women's bball. There's a spring football camp underway with a future Heisman candidate at QB. Focus people!

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Gotta say I was pretty impressed with Caldwell’s first rodeo with the Knoxville media.

John Adams tried to gotcha her by questioning if she really thought this frenetic style of play would work in the SEC.

She immediately fired back at him with, “I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t think we could do it here.”

Adams had no further questions.

IP likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is a really good answer.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Also got married in Pigeon Forge. It was meant to be.