Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Watching their game tonight might be the most wretched viewing of "basketball" I've ever seen. Their best player may have blown out a knee to top it all off.

Harper may not be long for this job if these are the results as she gets her players in the fold.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I've tried but I just cant.

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Maybe they should try hiring an elite coach sometime.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Or use springs in their shoes

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  5. Unimane

At some point, if they want to get serious about winning, they need to step away from the post-Bear Bama hiring practice of selecting a coach within the legend's coaching family. The Summitt years are long gone and you can't recreate them even if you hire someone who drank from the magical fountain of Pat.

6. chef65

chef65 Contributor

You can but only if her name is Candace Parker. Throw everything at her.

7. chef65

chef65 Contributor

This game was just a bunch of procrastination until they saw their mortality in the fourth quarter. We need a coach who inspires that anxiety every practice. Again, she’s from Chicago.

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Not sure Candace wants to coach. She has a pretty good gig with Shaq and Barkley on Inside the NBA

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If Fulmer insisted on keeping it in the family, he would’ve been much better off hiring Kara Lawson. Her NBA experience has taught her a lot about modern basketball.

Poppa T and SetVol13 like this.
  10. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I would approve of her.

Candace
    Lawson
    Andraya Carter (watch the halftime)

11. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Just find a way for her to have a meeting with Pat at 2 am.

12. Unimane

Another offensive explosion today, winning 49-41 against Central Florida.

13. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

What's the attendance like for the Lady Vols these days? I haven't watched a game since Parker's team was in the NCAA championship game.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I’m not sure they had 3000 last night. When I was a student and Pat was still coaching they averaged 15k

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Beat South Florida 52-49. Didn’t make a three all night. Team is now 6-43 on threes for the year and is somehow still 3-0. Competition picks up soon though. Texas comes to Knoxville this Sunday, coming off a road upset of defending national champion Stanford.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do they have a real student section now? I couldn't believe there was no student section back in the day.

17. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Only 3k show up and they're still deferring to what the old folks want with coaching hires. What a shame.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They can enjoy.

Just don't cut into the telecast when Tennessee is playing.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

20. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

The only contribution I have to this thread is thinking the phrase, "someone who drank from the magical fountain of Pat" means something entirely different.