I Believe I Met Hatvol Today...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by LawVol13, Aug 21, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I was in Campbell County General Sessions today, and I didn't realize until after Hat was gone that he was indeed hatvol96. Hat can confirm this for sure, but if his client was a guy that had approximately 15 public intoxication charges, then hat's who I think he is.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Hat represented himself?

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Was Hat more Atticus Finch or Clarence Darrow?

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Didn't get to see him in a hearing, but he was wearing some nice threads. No homo.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

In another vein, I believe I saw Savage Orange Jug today in Nashville. He was walking down Gallatin Pike at 7 in the morning, smoking a cigarette and drinking a Mike's Hard Lemonaid while limping through the crosswalk. More Bob Ewell than Otis, I think.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That was me. The PI cases were going to be the undercard to an Agg Assault. Alas, that hearing got reset.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If I ever need one, I would let you represent me. I like your tenacity.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I was the guy at the DA's table that looked lost and bewildered trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't know if you meant this to be funny but I laughed. Just because of hat's known affinity for Johnny Walker

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

We've all been there.

I assume you passed the bar, or will that be a while?

12. hatvol96

I thought it might be. Figured they would send you over to Jacksboro soon enough. Welcome to the practice of law.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I'll find out in October. I'm in purgatory right now.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Thank you, sir. I actually enjoyed Campbell County more than either Claiborne or Union. I like the organization of it.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Hat represented Britton Colquitt?

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He shoots, he scores.

17. hatvol96

Part of that is necessity. Campbell has so much more case volume that nothing would get done if it weren't fairly rigidly structured.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Once briefly met the legendary Hatvol at Downtown Grill & Brewery after the UT/UConn bball game. Much preferred DTG&B over a courtroom as the meeting place.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I was supposed to meet Hat at a tailgate last season, but I think he was enjoying his company at the time pretty well. I don't blame him, though I did feel like I got stood up a little bit. Eh, I got over it. Hang with dudes at a tailgate or hang with ladies at a bar. I'd choose the ladies as well.

20. hatvol96

I'll buy the first round this year to make up for it. What we need is a weekend where folks get to town on Friday. As Lex can attest, I can put together a pretty damn good Friday night in Knoxville.