Random Musings: Rev Bubba / Gruden UT Breach

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by RevBubbaFlavel, Nov 9, 2012.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

He needs to check out one of our religion/politics threads if he thinks this deal was bad. Even so, I think we all still like one another for the most part.

Having the leeway to express one's feelings even if in very strong tones is very healthy and good for a free society. Anyone wish to join me in a verse of America, the Beautiful? I'm feeling all patriotic.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

He had a HFCA hat on.

3. Oldvol75

Ray Charles?

4. JayVols

I have an electrified cattle prod. Before NY gets all hot and bothered, I actually own cattle.

5. JayVols

That's the version I had in mind.

No way I'm singing Georgia though.

6. Oldvol75

I love the Ray Charles version.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No sweat, on any front. You're welcome here, post often.

8. Oldvol75

RBF, the only reason they let me in was because I'm "Flounder" from Animal House.

9. JayVols

Bubba will figure out that it's not always personal here.

10. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Its business.

11. JayVols

My kids are going to have to wait until I've begged and pleaded with Santa before they get to tell him what they want for Christmas.

12. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

If no one has claimed the whole sue Dooley for breach of contract, I'd gladly take it. At least he would soon be a defendant with some (more) money to go after....

13. JayVols

He'd blame a patsy even under oath.

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

What are these huge potential issues of which you speak? Enlighten us.

15. kidbourbon

It wouldn't be tortious interference with contract. Who is the third party? Is he the one doing the inducing? Think McFly!

16. kidbourbon

Yeah, it's quite clear. The defendant in a suit for tortious interference of contract isn't a party to the contract himself. There is a different cause of action for that: it's called breach of contract. And that would also fail.

Any more brainbusters, Matlock?

17. kidbourbon

Thank you law!

18. kidbourbon

See above.

19. kidbourbon

You forgot a key part, Perry Mason. Look at element 3. Do intents float around in the air or do they belong to people? Oh, they belong to people, don't they? And who must the intent of element 3 belong to, Atticus Finch? Perhaps a third party? And what do we mean by a third party? Oh, a person who is not a party to the actual contract alleged to be interfered with. Weird, wild stuff.

So where do we go from here, Ally Mcbeal? You can sue Jon Gruden, but only if you have absolutely no idea what the world "induce" means. Which at this point, I certainly wouldn't bet against.

If you actually have been an employment lawyer for 16 years, you've been the shittiest employment lawyer in the State. I mean, jesus tittyfocking christ. This is basic stuff.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  20. kidbourbon

Thanks Law! I didn't realize you had beaten me to the punch. I am going page by page.