A Plea to Tennessee Fans

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 17, 2012.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Heh, not sure what happened to the rest of my post.

2. I couldn't agree more with Tenny. As I posted in another thread:

"Florida’s Jeremy Foley has a philosophy when it comes to coaches: what has to be done eventually must be done immediately.

In other words, if you’re going to fire someone, do it now instead of later.

There are so many good reasons to make this move now (or several weeks ago), but our AD continues to look inept and show a lack of commitment to what should be a premier football program."

This lack of action and ignoring the fact of horrible football has made this great program a laughingstock.

I think a strong argument can be made, given the resources and history at Tennessee, that Dooley is the worst coach in major college football history. And that's not hyperbole.

3. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Once upon a time there were four people: Their names were Everybody, Somebody, Nobody, and Anybody. Whenever there was an important job to do Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. When Nobody did it, Everybody got angry because it was Everybody’s job. Everybody thought Somebody would do it, but Nobody realized that Nobody would do it. So consequently Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done in the first place.

4. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Everybody knows that Tenny has spoken what I think and have spoken many times of late. If you have ever, or believe you might ever, sit in a senioror CEO desicion making role please read, understand, implement Tenny's original post into who you are as a person. It is truth.

5. TNLifer

TNLifer New Member

I have been trying to tell this to Jerry Jones for 17 years now. If I ever get an audience with him again, I think I'll just...

6. easlo58

easlo58 New Member

Worse situation I've seen in a long time..been following the Vols since about 1974-75 and it's def a Rock Bottom situation.
    It's time to rise from the ashes and become feared in the SEC!! Gruden!! Gruden!! Gruden!!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  7. NeylandWatch

NeylandWatch New Member

Agreed. Never seen the stadium as empty as I have this year. Need this turned around quick!

8. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Awesome post. Very little frustrated me more in the time between the UK loss and the firing of [ddiapos] than having to counter arguments about giving [ddiapos] more time that were so ludicrous that I literally had difficulty believing that the words were being uttered by individuals with fully functioning brains. Often, the best response was simply "Do you actually believe the words that are coming out of your mouth?". Responding to really really really bad arguments is actually tricky. How do you respond without completely belittling the person making the argument? How do you respond without asking if they rode the short bus to school? How do you respond without asking them -- with a straight face -- whether their mother's read them when they were little?

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My little brother is one of these people. He's pretty intelligent--a semester away from getting a degree in engineering at a good school. And I personally witnessed him being breast fed, read to and later getting on the normal length school bus. The whole scenario has strengthened my belief in the power of paradigms and narratives. Once someone buys in they go around looking for information that reinforces their beliefs and people that agree with them. If a lot of these otherwise intelligent people would just take one 20 minute walk a week and think things through trying to be objective they can usually come up with the right answer on a lot of things, usually more important things than football.

10. VIF

VIF New Member

All I want for Christmas is a small glimmer of hope that our new head coach can turn our team around. I don't like losing.

11. robvols

robvols Member

Don't count on it.

12. VIF

VIF New Member

I guess I am an eternal optimist. Why are you so "glass half empty"?

13. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Please READ as much as you can on this site and I know it will answer your question!

14. VIF

VIF New Member

If that is the case then I do not think I will stick around very long. I will not subject myself to such negativity. I have been reading and was laughing at the cry babies in the anthology thread. I hope this is not typical of this site, it seems ok so far. But I will decide that in a week or so.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

on pins and needles here. Can't speak for everyone else, but I am definitely like a kid awaiting Santa.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

don't let the door hit you on the way out. . .

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm with you. This is bigger than "The Decision"

18. VIF

VIF New Member

pitiful and supercilious

cynical and sardonic

Sheeple

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

sad of you presuming that anyone gives a **** about whether you choose to grace this place with your time. **** yourself.

20. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru