E3 2013

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by govols182, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Yeah...Microsoft is stupid if they really think Joe consumer is going to agree with them about this.

Microsoft defends Xbox One: 'Digital is better' - CNN.com

Now for my rant. I used to moonlight at Circuit City back in the day when I worked at the hospital. Circuit City tried this type of DRM(except for the cloud addition the the new Microsoft version) before. It was the now defunct DIVX platform. At first the consumer thought it was a pretty good idea, until they asked about friends borrowing the discs and the fact the machine always had to be connected to the phone line. This single concept caused the ultimate demise of the company.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

If they can have the similar pricing that Steam has, then I agree it will be a hit......but I have big doubts

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I realize that - I was speaking about previously.

All of Xbox's good exclusives are also on the PC (therefore not exclusives) now so PS4 has the edge by far.

5. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Lol you can't count either of those as exclusives. KOTOR likely way outsold on the PC and wouldn't be the least bit surprised if ME did to until the more recent version maybe. PC gaming is still pretty huge.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This. Especially when the stuff I have still works.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It was good until the put out the exact same game, or worse versions of it 4 times in a row.

8. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

The Forza series shits on your post.

9. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

The cool guy can name 1 game and claims shitz on.

10. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

It's pretty much PS4 for me at this point.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Having never heard of twitch.tv, I looked it up after reading this post. I can't understand the appeal. Is there something I'm missing?

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I guess so. It's quite popular and the viewer base is growing exponentially. But I would only expect mostly PC gamers to watch it for the most part.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is it something beyond watching other people play video games? Why in the world would you want to do that?

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Its entertainment. Trick is finding people who literally make a living and make 100k+ a year doing it as a job rather than those who just do it in the side for fun. Those are generally the good entertainers.

I watch if I want to check out gameplay of a new game I'm considering buying, if I'm feeling to lazy to play or as an alternative to watching tv or if I'm looking to pick up different tips or strategies for certain games.

A lot of people have cancelled their cable tv and use twitch as an alternative. I personally wouldn't do that but there are a lot of great entertainers on there if you go looking. But the games people on this board would typically play aren't going to be the games you will find those people usually.. since its more PC gaming oriented and typically the guys streaming on the consoles are more about just solely streaming the gameplay. I can't stand to watch someone stream BF3 or CoD for instance. I generally will watch people play RPGs or guys who stream a lot of odd games or old school NES/SNES games.

Those that are into the games like DOTA/LoL/HoN/SC2/etc have a huge following on there. I personally can't stand those games.. but they televise live tournaments for those games often and get get thousands of people watching and crash the servers. Although its funny to watch a little of the SC2 tournaments as they're all Korean and they have hundreds of people show up in person to those tournaments and I find it too amusing to see all those people cram into a building to watch 2 guys duke it out in a video game with play by play announcers and color commentators.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  15. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Went ahead and preordered and paid for another PS4 and a Xbone from GS. Will put on ebay right after release and watch the sheep pay 1,000 for it lol

16. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Will these be sold out at release?

17. WM

WM Active Member

Only time I have ever watched Twitch is when Esteban trolls Second Life. Hilarious Internet....

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Microsoft has apparently sold out of their allotment now.

19. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Are you sure they are release day shipments? I've heard that Amazon sold out of release day consoles within a few hours of E3's first day, but was still taking pre-orders for their next shipment.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I wish I would have ordered a second one to sell. If dumbasses are paying $1000 for them after release, I'll sell mine and pick one up when they become available.