Start Em/Sit Em

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by USAF_Vol, Oct 14, 2011.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

What you steemed about?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Jets defense is tough. I'm not starting him. SF is a run team, always will be. There is a ceiling as to how much Alex Smith can give you. JMO.

3. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

I picked up Carson Palmer.

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Valid point, but his total point production is still the highest among QBs available. The Jets will hopefully try to stop the 49ers rushing game, forcing Smith to throw more. In any case, this is just a Bye week fill in, and I will be back with Drew Brees.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

He was my second choice.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The jets are playing the Broncos, I was referring to Tebow in that first sentence. Alex Smith is the way to go for just the Bye week, I was just talking about going forward. If you have Brees, you're solid. You bastard.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I picked up Carson Palmer, btw. Could have went back to Flacco, but I would rather go with the hot hand.

8. USAF_Vol

I was going to ride Alex Smith as my bye QB (Rofflesburger). Looked at my remaining schedule, one of my opponents had Schaub go down and was his only QB. I took as many QB's as I could this week on waivers. Palmer was the best available.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Starting Bush this week - I've been a bit of an idiot in that regard as of late. Take this as notice to sit him in other leagues, if I'm starting him, he's bound for a crappy week.

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

NM.

I just realized that when you have two equally bad options, it doesn't matter which one you choose.

11. USAF_Vol

Hope he doesn't have a bad week. I'm comfortably on the playoffs but need to sweep my office. I'm 2-0 right now inter-office.

12. cotton

Mario Manningham vs. Saints or Mike Williams vs. Titans?

I've been starting Manningham, and last week it hurt me, so maybe I'm overthinking it.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I dumped Manningham for Cruz.

14. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

My lineup looked a litter better with AP/McFadden in the backfield than Danny Woodhead/CJ Spiller. I've survived McFadden's injury so far, but my tumble from 1st will now begin.

15. cotton

I'm going with Williams.

16. USAF_Vol

Good grief, stop giving the ball to mendenhall fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggg

17. USAF_Vol

Need advice, need it soon

Rofflesburger against the cleveland browns (Great pass defense)

Alex Smith against the cardinals.

18. cotton

I'd pick Ben.

19. cotton

On another note, if I win this week I'm in the playoffs as division winner. If I lose, there is a humongous tie for a wildcard spot that is more than I can figure out. I also have a 17 point lead for the points title.

Pretend football is getting very exciting.

20. USAF_Vol

Shit, Ben or Carson Palmer.

Stakes are huge in this one.