Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 12, 2013.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I can't for the life of me understand how someone here illegally is entitled to anything other than food, water, clothing, and shelter in the event they cannot be deported immediately.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yea, giving these *******s some kind of ID card, with their picture, last known address, and other possibly useful information for tracking purposes is bullshit!

These guys should remain anonymous like all the others! Yea!

We're mad as hell.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

*raises hand*

If they are there to get said license, why don't we just arrest them and deport them? Why are we tracking people that are already breaking the law if we have evidence needed?

4. fl0at_

Good question. Name me four reasons. Top of your head.

And also, quick sentence or two about how just deporting them will keep them from coming back, and whether others that would have been unlikely to come forward, will now come forward.

Maybe a line about how tracking would allow us to determine which would be productive members, and which could be conveniently removed, just to reinforce the premise.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Mee-yow

6. CardinalVol

1. How they are here is against US laws. Therefore, illegal. Off the top of my head, I don't know of another set of laws we so loosely turn our backs to as a society because of fear of losing a growing voting bloc and not wanting to piss them off.
    2. See #1
    3. See #1
    4. See #1

See somewhere around posts 590-595 in this thread where I state that a) I have no idea what the answer is, and b) the follow up where I would guess the best answer would to secure the border. Assuming we focus on that first, we'd have a head start.

So........productivity is the means we use to determine who gets to stay or not? Sweet, since we're saying the hell with the laws in this example, how about we just kick out unproductive and useless American citizens too since we're already blurring lines. I'd be all for that.

7. CardinalVol

Again, I'm still not sure what the answer is, because "roundin' them all up and shipping em' back" isn't practical, and in some cases just/fair, but the current course of action of just doing nothing sure as hell isn't the answer either.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

1) Because issuing an ID ensures we know where they are. I bet Georgia does not know where I am right now.

2) How are they anonymous. We have caught them entering the country illegally. Since we are feeding, housing, flying, and busing them I doubt they are anonymous. If we can fly and bus them around the country I suspect we can fly and bus them home.

9. fl0at_

Really? Traffic laws, one. "It's just 5 over." "That light was totally yellow when I entered the intersection." "I was just keeping up with the speed of traffic." "I swear, it was an accident. I didn't wreck or endanger others because I was trying to cut over at the very last second, rather than merge 1.5 miles back, like the sign said."

The means? No. A means? Sure. One of the reasons for the multi year wait. It assumes you can't just hang out for 5 years, flying under the radar, without being somewhat productive in some measurably way. I can be done, but not by the vast majority. Also a reason for having the military waiver. If you served, you were, in some capacity, productive and useful for the country. So you can apply pretty well straight away.

We aren't saying to hell with the laws, no more than we're saying 9 you're fine, 10 you're mine.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

who's the person more likely to stick around. the guy constantly worried about being deported, who can't get a job, can't get a drivers licence, and therefore can't get a place to live. or the guy you make all these things easy to get? i'll hang up and listen.

11. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

A Latin America version of Liberia is the solution

12. fl0at_

Shit, son, I know where you are. If Georgia wants to find you, it wouldn't be that hard. We can try an experiment, though. Go rob someone. I'll wait.

As to 2), you might want to read this: http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/who-and-where-dreamers-are-revised-estimates

13. fl0at_

The guy that makes all these things easy to get. And you find that them sticking around and working is a problem? Especially if it is legit?

14. CardinalVol

We've basically said, collectively, the hell with the laws, in order to not piss off the growing Hispanic voting block.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Ha, so this is all a ploy to gather information in the event we do decide to track/deport them? Gotcha

For arguments sake, let's say that is the logic behind this. In your mind, does that really justify giving someone who's here illegally a valid driver's license?

16. OrangeEmpire

Maryland hands out licenses like candy

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

of course it's a problem. are you serious? they aren't here legally, are barely paying taxes, are using govt healthcare and education like crazy, and there are 5 people for every job needed.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

That seems to be what some are wanting, even if they don't realize it.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Saw a woman interviewed who left all but one of her children at home. Came here with a child in need of medical care so he could get treatment.

20. OrangeEmpire

;-)