Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 12, 2013.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It very well could be. Maybe someone from the US should pick up the phone and notify them?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/20/politics/us-central-american-immigration/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Looks like they are doing everything possible to handle it. I'll hold my breath for any kind of positive acknowledgement, or admission from the lunatic edges of the Right that the amnesty conspiracy talk was clearly false. Don't worry, I am sure there will half a dozen other bullshit cheap shots to choose from between now and the mid term election.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Who the hell are you talking to?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Anyone who implied there was some sort of amnesty being secretly planned, or that the administration was "allowing" these children to immigrate.

In reality, there have been more deportations under Obama than any other President, yet some still try and strum the strings of xenophobia to rally against him.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Let's not act as if we've all of a sudden become tough on illegal immigration.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

De facto amnesty and govt cheese are different than voting amnesty into law, right?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't realize the word amnesty meant "ship them back to their home countries and try to keep them there."

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Protesters Block Bus Carrying Immigrants

Buses carrying migrant families were rerouted to a U.S.-Mexican border station after being blocked by protesters waving American flags in a suburban Southern California city Tuesday.

Protesters, some yelling, "They're not born here!" and "Go back to Mexico!" stood in the street, blocking the buses as they were headed to the suburban border patrol station in Murrieta

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...to-Murrieta-Despite-Opposition-265381911.html

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

10. nilkybanach

nilkybanach New Member

illegal

Some people like doing it.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

The number of deportations were higher overall. Sorry that it was not higher across all demographics for you.

Dumping minors off into the third world countries they fled from without a guardian seems mighty irresponsible. I thought Republicans tended to view every life as precious, but I guess once it has formed a functioning brain it isn't useful anymore.

Okay, that was overly zingy. But seriously, I do think there is a moral conundrum that is being glossed over by making this overly political. And I don't think protesters pounding on buses filled with terrified kids is useful either.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It is not "Illegal" immigration, it is "undocumented" immigrants.

Get with the PC lingo.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I agree with this. I just don't know what the answer is. We can't just take every kid and let them here either.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

They do this intentionally because they know we won't deport kids. Why is it any different than an adult? I guarantee you they have more relatives back in their home country.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's a complicated and touchy issue. Thus, the solution is to do nothing or next to nothing until things reach critical mass.

16. CardinalVol

Of course. That or welcome them knowing you are creating a voting bloc in the future.

Still. I don't know what you do. My guess would be step 1 is to secure the border to stop inflow, then deal with what to do with people already here.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's already way beyond the point of critical mass.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What do you tell all the people who are trying to follow all the proper sloooow processes and are stuck in the bureaucratic black hole?

19. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

20. CardinalVol