Corporate Religion

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Mar 26, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

And there will always be a link to Kevin Bacon in there as well.

2. JayVols

Forgive me if I don't take the anonymous Chinese girl's word on that.

That was meant to be playful sarcasm.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's certainly a better solution than obamacare as much as i'm against it.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd give you her name, but she reuses to tell us.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you serious? That is practically SOP with lower income folks. You must know that.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Haha, okay.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i used to do a lot of studies for potential amusement parks in china. basically they are hands off when it comes to hiring and firing and how you run the park once it's built, but if you want anything done in the construction and to get the permits you have to pay off the local officials. they also will privide you with demographic and employment information that is completely made up and probably 1/4 of your workforce has to come from buddies and children of the local officals. many of whom wont show up and can't get fired. kind of like the mafia.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It works so well in the rest of the industrialized world, I don't know why Americans are so against it.

9. CardinalVol

Argue with her. I'm just relaying what she said after I made a comment after a CPE one day.

10. JayVols

More common ground. Is the world ending?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would love to. I love arguing. But it is a silly, unchallenging argument.

12. JayVols

Red flag, imo.

Pun intended.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

medicaid pays for anything a private plan does.

14. CardinalVol

She's stubborn as heck. I actually hate when I have to work with her on stuff. Ends up being 10 times harder than with anyone else.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

because it unquestionably will result in a decrease in quality for those with good private insurance. the rest of the world is getting it on the cheap primarily because our country is funding research based on the fact you can make money here.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds conservative. Which gives a motive for claiming China is less intrusive in business than the US. Just sayin'. Hannity talk.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Lot of national pride in that one.

18. CardinalVol

I have no clue. Nice girl, decent English, has a picture of a cute beagle in her cube, and stubborn as heck. I've never had a long, drawn out conversation with her. Just reporting what she said. I know it's a small sample size.

Also goes back once a year and brings back Chinese candy and other goodies. Some of it is pretty good. Some chocolate rice cake thing she brought last year was delicious.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Your responsibility is to make the patient aware of the best option available. If that doesn't work for them, move from there. People have been crushed for assuming so and so couldn't afford this, so I won't bother mentioning it.

In other words, it's fine to only do what insurance covers, but if something outside insurance is significantly better, the patient better understand that something else is available.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  20. JayVols

I bet she's a terrible driver too.

*Coming from a guy that eats healthy cookies.*