Corporate Religion

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Mar 26, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, that sounds more familiar.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

She refuses to drive unless she must. It became a bit of an office joke during the snow this year.

3. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Would a single payer system stop this [itch bay]ing?

What is the end game?

Govt should provide shelter, food and clothing as fundamental rights?

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Lucky for us.

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I'm not sure how I knew morning after pills can be bought over the counter, but it's true. Basically, I'm aware that HL employees don't make a ton of money, but if they're too dumb to take their birth control (which HL will pay for), I think they deserve to spend the $50 on the morning after pill.

Again, I'm willing to admit that I'm not privy to the fine details of this case. Also, I'm relatively healthy and still on my parents insurance so I honestly don't know, is it common for people to go to Doctors to get drugs that can be bought over the counter by literally anyone?

6. JayVols

If the extreme nutjobs in the Tennessee Legislature have their way, it will be that way for cold medicine.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Could one of the enlightened (read: liberals) save me from reading the last 5 pages of this thread, by simply:

1. Tell me what you assume / desire me to believe.
    2. Tell me how that's wrong. The more obviously wrong, the better.
    3. Tell me what I should believe, instead.
    4. Provide me with that "ist" which you feel is most appropriate, for when I inevitably refuse to follow your suggested belief. You know, "creation-ist", "sex-ist" "classist" "rac-ist", etc. etc.

And are we still debating the merits of a case that has only recently, and clearly, been upheld by the SCOTUS?

8. Tenacious D

Just a very quick aside: the seemingly insignificant act of placing sudafed behind the counter has had a profoundly devastating effect on meth production across the state of Tennessee, as a whole.

Source: I know stuff.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

But they're totally forthcoming on global warming policy

10. Tenacious D

Has anyone yet made mention of the fact that the ACA only stated that employers must provide "some means of birth control" (I'm paraphrasing), and that it was another entity within the bowels of government who decided that this statement compelled the inclusion of all 20, of which HL took no issue with 16 of those?

This has been discussed, right?

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Only effects the 24 hour strength which is what they're going after for meth.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

disclaimer as always: I know jack and shit about economics and health care for that matter. So take these as questions and not statements of facts or opinions.

Does food and shelter have the same supply/demand as heart surgery? In Knox and surrounding counties, there are 100,000+ homes to choose from with varying degrees of cost and comfort. Same with food. I can eat on the cheap if I have to do so.

However, if I need heart surgery, I am staring down the barrel of $150,000 (made up number) if I have no coverage. The only equivalent I could see is if I had to eat a particular saffron infused unicorn meat every day to live. Therefore, I do not ever see the need for universal food/housing, at least not at this point in time. however, there are food stamps and housing projects (still?) available if you need them. 22 years old and need kidney operation but you work at Weigel's part time and have no insurance? Too bad. Unless Medicare covers that as well, I do not know.

Basically, it just comes down to the magnitude of the costs. Families with very sick children end up simply waiting till the child dies and declaring bankruptcy (saw a show about this, but was years ago). If things have changed, great, but, yeah. It sucks.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People don't become doctors so they can be federal employees

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

1. I assume you think businesses should be intimately involved in the health decisions of their employees if they are providing insurance. I desire you to believe it is none of their business.
    2. Getting to pick and choose what kinds of medication are covered. Doing so based off of admittedly personal religious beliefs. Those beliefs being not important enough to affect who they do business with or who they invest in, only in what their employees are able to choose in terms of medication.
    3. That one's personal liberty and freedom should not be influenced outside of the work place by one's employer. That one's personal religious views begin and end with the individual.
    4. mammonist, irrationalist, perhaps for you also a soliloquist.

We debating the merits of a case that upheld 5-4, and is sure to be revisited.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You mean there are no doctor's in Europe/Canada?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

If we are honest, many people become doctors for the prestige.

17. JayVols

I have no problemwith this;however, it's not remotely what I'm talking about.

18. JayVols

Why was there so much debating about the ACA after it was just clearly upheld?

19. JayVols

But I thought big brother stepping on personal choice was always bad.

Now I'm really confused. To be expected from a liberal I guess.

20. JayVols

If they did, they'd be pieces of shit along with the rest.