Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 12, 2013.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

My basis is that is procedure. Me not knowing the origins of it just means I am not an immigration lawyer. Fire away on me for that.

How can I be criticized for being a "know it all", not knowing anything, and for not being an expert all at the same time?

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So you want our Laws based upon Christian values (take care of your fellow man, gay is bad, abortion should be illegal); or do you just want to pick and choose which Christian values we turn into Law?!?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just want to point out the wildly inconsistent nature of the Right's "values."

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Tens of thousands of illegal immigrants have flocked to the U.S. in recent months, believing the Dream Act, as well as a 2008 law that grants an asylum hearing to any child not from a border nation, and the White House policy known as “prosecutorial discretion” means once they arrive, they’ll never have to go back.

Many of the illegal immigrants tell Border Patrol and Texas state authorities they learned from the media in their home countries that if they crossed the border to the U.S. right now, they’d be given papers and allowed to stay, border sources who interview the immigrants told FoxNews.com.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/1...-illegal-immigrants-floods-rio-grande-valley/

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

one need know nothing to be a "know it all" and I've never accused you of being a know it all. I don't for a second think you know enough of two sides of an argument to qualify. That doesn't keep one from pretending. Same goes for the expert thing. Expertise requires more than a one sided approach to life.

As to the issue at hand, why are the liberal clowns, particularly the politicians, fight so hard to make it so, when it is clearly an enormous and unaffordable expense to our country? How do they come down on that side? Is it really about helping the poor? We have our own who truckloads of money has proven to harm rather than help. Why will this be different? (Hint: it won't. This is about another permanent voter base.)

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This. Is. All. It. Is.

And if the Dems had even an ounce of honesty - or sense of shame - they'd just admit it.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The only reason the Dems wants to legalize these people is because they think they'll vote for them. The only reason the Repubs don't want to legalize these people is because they don't think they'll vote for them. That's where it ends. Anything either side says outsides of that is pure political posturing. Both sides are more than happy to sell out for votes, there's not one ounce of integrity in any of them.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

hold up, you don't think this is about the ridiculous pile of expense, at least at some level?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

umm that's certainly not why i want to deport them

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

pure money for me. I don't care how they vote. Things have to go really poorly under a Dem for any R to win election. The urban centers dominate presidential voting now and if those turn out, there is no winning for any fiscal conservative or cost cutter.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Bullshit, mostly. You keep selling this sanctimonious crap of the dastardly Democrats buying votes to dominate the suffering conservatives who only want to cut costs and benefit the country. However, the "cost cutters" can certainly win elections if they produce candidates and campaigns that actually seem to give a shit about the constituencies in those urban centers. The Hispanic vote was much, much higher for the Republicans in previous elections, including 44% for Bush in 2004 and there's a large natural base of socially conservative, religious people within that community. Did they suddenly become aware that Democrats are the partying of buying votes, enabling takers or whatever bullshit explanation you have to cater to your self-serving right wing viewpoint or, perhaps, it's that there's this perception that Republicans increasingly don't give a shit about them?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there's a rather hilarous idea by democrats that "giving a shit about someone" is paying off the biggest losers in the hispanic and black community. dare I say a pretty racist idea. i'd be pretty offended that democrats lump me and all my bretheren into that category.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  13. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I have a feeling that you will see a change in the way these kids and adults are labeled. They are trying desperately to change the title of illegal and I look forward to the term refuge becoming their new label.

14. Unimane

We've been over this, but perception is reality, whether you like it or not (or true or not, which is another discussion), and the Republicans have done a piss poor job of selling themselves in those communities.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

please explain to me how the democrats have supported the black and hispanic community. i'd love to hear some examples. yes, generally saying "we ain't giving you shit" isn't going to win many votes. but the hilarious part is democrats seem to argue that they are supporting the community in other ways other than paying them off, but i have yet to have seen some evidence of this. and republicans hate said community because they don't want to pay them off?

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

you tend not to be nearly as bright as you pretend.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

they rounded them all up and put them in the same gov't housing together, like somebody said in the other thread

18. Unimane

Do you understand the ****ing meaning of perception?

However, for starters, the bolded part, as a perception of what's going on and the extent of Republican involvement in those communities, is a good start. If the perception is that the entire extent of Republican interaction in these communities is "We're not going to pay you off" and nothing else, why exactly would the Republicans think that those people would vote for them?

I think a better question for you to answer is; what do the Republicans have to offer these communities which will lure the voters into their camp (aside from the usual trite "buying votes" excuse)?

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you believe the perception to be true yes? well then please explain to us idiots how the democrats are benefiting the community besides writing checks to the losers?

what do democrats have to offer these communities? if it's a buying vote "excuse" why can't you come up with anything?

20. Unimane

Yes, and you're the know-it-all Yoda, I get it. It must be a nuisance to have to deal with those whom can't measure up to the vastness of your mental capacity.

What I do know is that you were entirely wrong about the 2012 election that you vehemently argued with me along the same lines of me being "not nearly as bright" and, as a face saving result, formulated this idea of vote buying along with the other bullshit to keep on telling the liberals how dumb and bad they are.