Father catches man abusing his 11 y/o son, beating ensues

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Jul 18, 2014.

1. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

killing would be too kind. mutilation. i'd take great pains to make sure he lived everyday for the rest of his life barely able to function and wishing he was dead.

2. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

So can sexual offenders be rehabilitated?

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If possible. A weed eater to the genitals would probably be the first step.

4. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

As Charlie Daniels once said, You just take them rascals out in the swamp, put them on their knees and tie um to a stump, let the rattlers and the bugs and the alligators do the rest.

5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-28353238

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Nothing good out of this.... Just terrible

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes, the whole premise of that argument is pretty damn weak, imho. The human mind doesn't work that way. I am not psychologist/psychiatrist, but that just seems like it would enhance their desires.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's going by the theory that these people actually don't want to do it which is questionable at best.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The only way to rehabilitate child molesters is death by sodomy. Shove a 44 magnum up their ass and pull the trigger until it goes click

11. NorrisAlan

Jesus...

12. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

That's exactly what happens right after people get off.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You said it, man. Nobody f's with the Jesus.

14. NorrisAlan

I have decided to wait a while before seriously posting about this, as it hits everyone very hard. Especially if you happen to be a parent. And I would probably say things that I would regret or not truly feel, but would be writing and feeling in the heat of the moment.

1) I hope I am never, ever, ever put into the same position that this father was put into.
    2) If I am, may I show as much restraint as he did. It would be very hard to remain rational and mindful in a time like that.
    3) Let us all hope the child will be taken care of and will get the therapy and love he deserves and needs. Same with the father. I can only imagine that the sight of his son being raped by this man will remain in his mind forever, and he will suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder from it.
    4) This is the hard one: may I have compassion for the attacker.

It is normal and understandable to want to see him covered in honey, staked on ant hills and left to the crows. But I ask myself, what will vengeance like this solve? Rarely, if ever, does revenge ease pain, solve situations or end with the act of vengeance. We can demand justice, and I hope this young man gets justice. But I also hope he gets help. Most likely, he was molested as a young boy himself. Or he is psychotic. Either way, we cannot expect him to behave rationally or in a sane manner.

I hope that my trying to have compassion for the attacker does not come across as me saying "oh, go easy on the boy, he didn't know what he is doing." No, we should be hard on him. And demand the highest from him in any attempts at rehabilitating him. And he should serve time and the community.

But when we think about what his childhood was like, if statistics bear out, may we have the utmost compassion for him, for the little boy he was and was lost to some savage attacker.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I just don't understand why it took multiple sexual assaults before anything was done.

16. NorrisAlan

Was this the first time he was caught and then confessed?

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

What baffles my mind is that there was any question that the dad would have any charges filed against him

18. MWR

MWR Contributor

I guess a "Welcome Judgement Vol to the 8th" is in order.

Here I was expecting the next new member here to be "PI", or "PI Magnum", or "Orange IP", or maybe "The Gambler"

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Well done.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I admire that you say it. And you're right, vengeance probably isn't the answer.

But I don't think I could restrain.