SEC Network

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Apr 12, 2013.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That's where I am and I never watch it.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I've had Comcast, Dish, Direct, Time Warner, and Charter at different points in time. They're all fine and I've never really had issues with any of them. Too expensive? Probably... but I'm not interested in playing this game or that to find programming. I just want to know if it's on and where to find it. I'll worry about the bill later.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I basically only watch football at this point, but it still seems like too much effort to cut the cord.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

If I lived by myself I'd just d go to the bar at Noon every Saturday. I don't care about seeing anything else live. Only reason I have cable is because of the now - wife

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cable for sex. Worth it.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

If I'm going to pay for sex, I'm going to get my [penis] legitimately wet for the money.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I watch it all. Sports, reality, shows; all of that shit. I love it so much sometimes I watch two at the same time.

8. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

Or use the money saved from cutting the cord to make annual year end lump sum payments on the mortgage and pay off the house several years earlier than otherwise. Least that's what one guy out here claimed. Haven't tried it myself yet.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I know that you believe that it will fail, but what is your major beef with the channel?

10. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

Go easy on him. See now, when he was little, his dad didn't play catch with him. Took him outside one night during the Perseid Meteor Shower. Told him they were baseballs thrown by angels who had no one to play catch with them. He stood outside nightly hoping to catch one of the things and finally have someone to play catch with. When he got older, he saw the news about falling Russian satellites, and the space stations Skylab, and Mir. So he added satellites to his hopes of catching a falling star, I mean angel ball. He doesn't mean any harm, [penis]. Some of us just take longer than others to grow up.

Or he may have an honest hatred for wallet vampires, which I really do understand.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Paul Finebaum, Mike Slive, S-E-C, S-E-C! fans, et al. Also, the games will be awful. Every decent basketball and football game in the league will be spoken for by real networks.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you being the basketball fan you are don't watch vol basketball games against lousy opponents?

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

The SEC Network needs to take a page out of the Pac 12 network and have those 60 minute game recaps. I don't give a shit about what Gary Danielson thinks about the eligibility rules when I'm trying to watch a game, or what Todd Blackledge thinks about the local hole in the wall shithole. I want to see plays and I don't want to waste an hour and a half listening to bullshit.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That's nice. They also show historic games which can be interesting. In the end, as hat suggested, the only games I get now that I didn't get before on other channels are preseason basketball games and maybe football games against div 1aa opponents. the problem is they took over the contracts for the smaller channels meaning cal had like 5 football games on the damn pac-12 network last year because we suck so bad. there must have been 15 basketball games on the network too.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've just reached the point that outside of the big, big games, I'd rather watch SEC games as opposed to anything else. Plus, I expect more and more games to be transitioned over as time goes on. I'd rather watch teams play that one way or the other I have a more vested interest in and follow.

Will make a big deal in basketball season too, IMO.

And I am hoping they show the vintage games. B1G does it too.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Ah, yeah I see your point then. I really can't believe anyone is dumb enough to put Finebaum in a television spot or any spot that requires his insight to carry his weight.

17. hatvol96

Those were all on television last season without a network devoted to the lunatic fringe of college athletics.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well they are about to be on the sec network instead

19. hatvol96

Which means the SEC Network adds not a [dadgum] thing of value to me.

20. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor