The "SLIM Chance Butch MIGHT Not Be the Guy" Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Oct 25, 2014.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I hate this staff. 3rd and 1 what are our options:
    A) put the all in the hands of our QB who has been gashing the defense
    B) put the ball in the ands of our running back who has been averaging a couple of yards
    C) give the ball to a linebacker in the wildcat.

Ding, Ding, Ding, C is the winner!!!

2. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I hate Butch Jones REally ****ing hate him

But I cannot blame him or the staff for not playing Dobbs.

First - at the end of last season it was clear Worley gave us the best chance to win

I have not idea what the spring was like. But i doubt that shit made it clear as hell that Dobbs was the man.

Second - I think there is a good chance the bamer game is aflash in hte pan for dobbs. I mean he did good. But hewasn't all-american-status worthy.
    i think dude loks more vandrbilt-2013 than bamer-2014 next game.

i am going to hell

3. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

damn - it hurts to laugh at that shit.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

There was plenty of progress shown against Bama, holmes. Try again.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We could have won some of our other games

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

No. ****ing no. To all of this abortion of a post

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Don't wanna piss in anyone's excitement, but Dobbs threw the ball very very poorly last night.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The game was this close because there were 200 wise guys that were going to lose millions because 3/4 of the world bet the farm on Bama minus 16 to 20.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

He had some over throws. He made throws and/or ran when Worley would have pissed himself and taken a sack for minus 18 yards.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

That clearly was someone ****ing with you.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

If I ever find out where this craphole VN is based out of, I'm burning it to the ground

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Dobbs is doing his part in the weight room. I wasn't expecting to see that much of a transformation.

13. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I heard Freak is a banker in Knoxville. That should be good enough. Just hit all the banks there.

14. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I think I will copy this nearly verbatim to my Facebook wall. It echoes my thoughts exactly. I had about 10 people verbally attack me last week for calling out Butch. But I'm going to speak the truth and not sugar coat drizzling shit.

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

He did have some bad throws but he does something that no other QB on roster can do and that is open up the run game. OL seemed to start playing better too because of it.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I thought he threw it worse late in the game. Almost as if he was trying to hard again.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, he probably started thinking "Holy Shit, we could win!" and started pressing. I didn't see it as I was driving home, but Kesling said he missed a completely wide open North for a walk in TD.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That doesn't at all explain Peterman being ahead of him. That cost us the UGA game.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My goal this week is to get an answer to this question.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, flipped my shit when I saw AJ out there only to have someone tell me that "if AJ cain't pick up a yard, ain't nobody can".
    To make things better, when Jones was asked in the post game press conference if Dobbs was the starting QB moving forward, he said (paraphrasing) that no time table on Worley's return, but Dobbs and Peterman will continue to compete and Peterman will continue to get reps.