The "SLIM Chance Butch MIGHT Not Be the Guy" Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Oct 25, 2014.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

No QB on the roster has proven to be better than average throwing the ball. At least Dobbs can make plays with his legs and isn't a sitting duck in the pocket behind our shitty oline.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I can do that for you.

The first two years are throw away years to Butch.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Which makes the idea that we are somehow "saving" him for 2017 seem even more ridiculous. The guy just can't throw. Get what you can out if him now and recruit over his ass.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

it's not like the choice is between "Accurate Passer" or "More Mobility". None of the other guys can throw, either. It's a no-brainer for me going forward even if he doesn't play as well as he did last night.

the only thing i know for sure is that peterman should be done forever here.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kind of hard for me to accept that these guys needed almost two years to figure out Peterman can't play.

6. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

The o-line did not suddenly improve overnight. Worley simply made their life a living hell.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Can't speak. Didn't watch.

However, I have a 3:00 film session with Sab. I'll be able to speak on it once I see the film.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Correct; and some bad drops. I am hoping that both are rectified with experience.

Play calling is still baffling.

9. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Stay tuned.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

For any praise heaped on the staff, remind them that they had Dobbs buried 3rd on the depth chart.

11. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

BP as always another level headed post. Air space is a perfect target for Dobbs.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It's all about 2017.

13. cotton

I don't think he is the next coming of Johnny U, but he sure as hell seems to give us a better chance of scoring than the alternative.

Was that the series when we ran out the clock and kicked? I thought that was worse.

Scoring 7 there is the difference between being in the game at half and turning a blowout respectable. I thought it was an indication that we weren't actually considering how to win. To have any thought of winning, you have go go for that 4th and 1.

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Same series Cotton.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This staff only does what it does to melt the every loving shit out of this board. They probably login on Sundays and giggle to each other at the reactions around here.

16. cotton

I thought so.

I don't even have that big of an issue going Beast on 3rd if you know you are going to turn around and run it again on 4th. What we did makes absolutely no sense.

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Also, it wasn't "hit the line hard as fast as you can", it was more "be patient and look for a hole with our weak o-line, even though you don't have any game experience doing this for about 2 years".

18. chavisut

I could have lived with it too.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It was dumb. AJ Johnson isn't any more of a battering ram than Hurd, has about 1/3 the speed, and has little experience on offense. It was flat out stupid. It made sense a couple of years ago when Raijon "Sideline" Neal was the guy. It's idiotic when you have Hurd. Maybe they could have out in AJ as a decoy, but that's it.

20. chavisut

When they said he was in, my first thought was he would line up at fullback.