The "SLIM Chance Butch MIGHT Not Be the Guy" Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Oct 25, 2014.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

My prediction is that we see an offensive uptick these last four games. It will, of course, be primarily due to the level of competition on defense. However, it will be spun as a remarkable progression by our offense, meaning zero changes in coaching personnel or philosophy. Which means we get our asses handed to us again in 2015.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I could maybe get behind that. Can't Justin King do it? Or Stockstill or Helm?

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

There are plenty of other folks kissing their Ass. I heard a caller last night say, "I am so proud of our boys for scoring 20 points on Alabama!"

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Both sides are equally entertaining.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Somebody. It's not exactly the toughest position. Run this way, hit that guy.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

While I agree with both points, cotton, your second point is perfect. Running out the clock and kicking a fg instead of going for the TD before the half with plenty of time to do so is just another piece of evidence that Jones and company do not feel any urgency to win this year. And that's pathetic.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There aren't 10 coaches in college football who don't take points there. And the ones that would are routinely bashed on this board.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

My issue is that even if you do pick up the first with aj, you have to burn a timeout due to personal on the field. It was poor management at the end. Plus he's playing with house money. if he goes for it and it doesn't work, he can take blame and say we were playing to win not to keep it close.

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I think we should wait until Sab has enough time to watch this again and break it down.

11. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

The underlying meaning of this post makes me want to punch said caller in the nuts and tell him to man up.... What the hell happened to expecting excellence?

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes he did, but he also stood in, threw it well at times under pressure, threw it away when nothing was open down field and ran when he had to.

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Tennessee football 2008-present

14. JayVols

When you're down 20 points to Alabama who got the ball after halftime and a huge underdog, you go for the TD in that situation. I wouldn't have minded a bit if we came away with nothing there. At least we would have tried.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was pressing, but I'm not too upset about it.

16. JayVols

I'll take what he did over what Worley brings every time. We actually threw in the middle of the field and hit some slants. Worley would get sacked throwing a two-step slant.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, but I also don't care about taking the points there either. That's down the list of my gripes.

The ol getting shuffled and working, Dobbs and deciding to go soft zone on Cooper tops my list

18. JayVols

It's another symptom of one of my main gripes about Jones, he doesn't have an urgency to win. In games like yesterday, a coach has free reign on pulling out all the stops trying to win. I would at least respect that mindset

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's true and I agree, but the other stuff I mentioned really pisses me off

20. JayVols

I'm with you on it all. In fact, the not having an urgency to win explains everything we both are pissed about.