Denico Autry to Mississippi State

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Dec 13, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

You should call Hart and see if he's got a job for you in the restuctured Sports Propaganda Department on the Hill. Keep putting lipstick on the pig that is the Dooley administration.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Holy [uck fay]ing shit, every time you pull this bullshit. I know in your world Dooley either sucks at everything or you are some kind of apologist for the guy, but it is possible to think he does some things ok even if you don't want him as coach. So, yeah, I'm really a guy who's been some kind of Dooley "slurper" or whatever. I think he's a shitty coach, but I still like the recruiting class this year. Tell me where I'm wrong. I said I could give a shit about the two Jacobs, wanted Autry and thought Sentimore was the guy we needed to get, which I could've told you last week.

Otherwise, outside of Lewis, Blanc and Bullock, I think we've got a solid class going. Am I wrong?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There is no way Jacobs could be any worse than the DTs already on the roster.

4. Unimane

Why not? Couch is pretty good, so is Walls, Hood is serviceable and Miller is a solid player on the inside (not the outside). I see no reason why a guy who was only decent in the JUCO ranks would be an improvement. Like I said, get me some DEs. I think that's where we are really deficient right now. I mean, who have we got to rush the QB? Bohannon? Meh. People are hoping Maggit turns into Leonard Little or something, but, if we're relying on our OLB to be our pass rush, then we've got serious problems with our DEs.

5. hatvol96

Crazy talk. We're stacked at tackle. Dooley has assembled defensive talent that rivals the 2000 Ravens. Get with the program.

6. Unimane

Yes, what was I thinking? Jacobs is the second coming of Haynesworth and Henderson. You got me there. You are so right, we need to stack up on garbage DTs like Jacobs. You should take over for Joseph as recruiting coordinator. Lord knows that guy doesn't have a [uck fay]ing clue (That line actually isn't sarcasm).

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Couch is okay, Hood is terrible, Walls spends the majority of his time outside and Miller is a lot better outside than inside.

A decent JUCO is better than an undersized DE and a converted TE at DT.

8. hatvol96

That's silly. Hood is dominant and you know it.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

When you are trotting out the D-tackles we are right now, he's get playing time. If nothing else, it would be nice to have another serviceable body in the DT rotation.

That's also not factoring in the underlying factor of why these guys suddenly decided to leave on signing day. That should be the major cause of concern right now.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If by dominant you mean pushed 8 yards down the field, then I would agree.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He looks like Thor.

He's a genuinely nice guy off the field.

I didn't see that much to inspire me on the field last year.

If you are converting O-linemen to play D-line in the first place, it's probably good thought that a legit D-tackle would be a nice pick up.

But, what do I know?

12. hatvol96

The "writing is on the wall" aspect of yesterday is hard to miss.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Of course I would have like to have them all, but the two guys I thought we really needed were Autry and Sentimore. We got one of them so we'll have to make due but I agree with Unimane - I'm concerned with our pass rush from the edge.

As far as Dooley and recruiting goes, he has done an excellent job of getting kids to play here in my opinion. Sure, UT is a well established brand, however it has certainly seen better days. Recruits aren't packing lunches to wait in line for the chance to play at a 5-7 Tennessee program. I try not to put too much stock in recruiting services, but being a top 15 class right now (on most services) with the shape we've been/are in is a pretty big achievement. Now, if only I felt the same way about the staff coaching them up...

14. Unimane

Yes, because me saying Hood is serviceable equals me saying he's dominant. I know you love to make up shit that people say in order to make the false statements you've created, but my post saying exactly what I thought is right above; it shouldn't be too difficult to read and comprehend.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Seeing days like yesterday are raising my minimum standards for this year. There's so much negative momentum around right now that simple progress isn't enough to overcome it. Probably need 10 wins and/or an East championship to do that.

16. Unimane

We aren't winning anything with decent JUCOs. If we can't get quality at the position from the recruit, then you pass. "Decent" players will take a spot next to Greg Clark on the sideline. I'm ok with what we have currently at DT. Not especially excited, but I prefer to take kids who are potentially great DTs, like O'Brien, than scrubs like Jacobs. Plus, like I said, I still prefer to get DEs if push comes to shove.

17. hatvol96

Go [uck fay] yourself. Comprehend that?

18. Unimane

Yet, we're hovering around the top ten for recruiting, so I don't think we're struggling there at all. Recruiting is fine, the coaching of the recruiting sucks.

19. Unimane

Back at you dipshit. Take some reading comprehension courses while you're at it.

20. hatvol96

How many of Tennessee's last 15 classes weren't in the top 15? It's not as if Dooley is breaking new ground. Oh, wait. Back to back losing seasons are pretty historic.